I have a personal website that I would like to retrieve my emails from, but Sprint won't allow me to retrieve them. Instead I had to purchase this BES (Blackberry Enterprise System) for an additional $20/month just to be able to obtain my emails. My site is being hosted by Windows Live, and while they claim to be able to send emails to blackberries, sprint doesnt allow for POP3 email retrieval...my question is, are there any efficient resources that I could utilize to help me host my email accounts? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't mind the $20/month...but I already have this Everything Plan for $100/month...I'm not made of money...
    10-15-09 12:26 PM
    Not sure what you mean by pop3 accounts are not allowed. I had two pop3 accounts that BIS would poll my emails. I did not like the delay in getting them so I created a blackberry email and from my email provider set it to forward or cc to my blackberry as soon as the mail hit their server.
    10-15-09 12:41 PM
    Are you also on sprint? My cousin is on T-Mobile, and he wasn't allowed a POP3 account either, however he found a way that google would host his sites' email for free...but going that route required him to push to receive new mail; in my opinion thats a extra work for redundancy...thanks though, I'll keep searching around for a better solution.
    10-15-09 01:23 PM
    I'm on Sprint and use hotmail and yahoo on two Curves on the everything plus family plan for 109 a month
    10-15-09 01:29 PM
    I'm on Sprint and dont have any problem getting my pop3 mail either.
    10-15-09 01:39 PM
    I can access my hotmail, and my gmail on my curve 8330 without a problem...I was looking for a way to retrieve emails from my personal website hosted through Windows Live (if one of you whom has posted on this topic has a site through windows live, let me know how you are retrieving your email on your bb)...reason being is because when I go to email settings and I click the prompt to add a new email account, I'm informed that the information provided is incorrect...(they only request email address and password, both of which I entered correctly before calling sprint customer care) I explained the situation to the rep, who informed me that I would need to retrieve my site hosts' Ip address and POP3 information, I did this and had to prove ownership of the site. Once getting this information, I contacted sprint back to give them the needed information, and at that time I was informed that I needed to purchase the BES or BIS plan (the actual acronym slips me), which would allow for me to retrieve work-related emails. I was placed under the belief that this is the only way for me.
    10-15-09 01:50 PM
    forward the account to one of your existing accounts or create a blackberry account like a mentioned above. You can have up to ten accounts.
    10-15-09 06:35 PM
    Even though I am not on Sprint, I know that as long as you have a blackberry data plan, you can poll POP3 accounts. If you have no choice but to use BES, I'd go with the cheaper US$5/mo BES plan from one of the companies listed on na.blackberry.com
    10-15-09 09:48 PM
    Thanks @ PlunkingTom, but I didn't want to got that route of having them all forwarded (though I may consider that later)...@spidie, I didn't know that there were 3rd party BES plans available, and knowing Sprint, I'd probably not be able to do that....in any event, thanks for the replies and info.
    10-16-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD