I get the following error anytime I attempt to open Desktop manager. Uninstalling/reinstalling has no affect.

Invalid Command Line Parameters
    Usage: Desktop Mgr
    [/record<destination directory for recorded settings]

Does anyone have any thoughts - I can't sync..

Thanks,
    Linda
    03-09-09 03:40 PM
    Invalid command line parameters error when starting BlackBerry Desktop Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID : KB03872
    Last Modified : 12-02-2008
    Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment
    BlackBerry� Desktop Software

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    After installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager for the first time, the following error appears when you try to start the application:

Invalid command line parameters: usage Desktopmgr [\record <destination directory for recorded settings>]

Cause
    Microsoft� Windows� added command line switches to the DesktopMgr.exe file during installation.

Resolution
    Remove the switches from the Desktop Manager shortcut.

Right-click on the Desktop Manager shortcut and selectProperties.
    On the General tab, scroll to the end of theTarget field.
    Check for additional switches afterDesktopMgr.exe.

If they exist, remove them and start Desktop Manager.

If they do not exist, see the "Workaround" below.

Workaround
    Set up a batch file to start Desktop Manager.

Open Notepad and type desktopmgr.exe.
    Save the Notepad file as an ANSI text file with filename desktopmgr.bat and place it in the following directory:
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\

Double-click the desktopmgr.bat file to launch the Desktop Manager without any switches.
    Note: If none of these measures solve your problem, contact your technical support representative for further troubleshooting.
    03-09-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD