Is it ok to download the 4.7 desktop version although my phone is on 4.5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 04:39 AM
    Yes, it's perfectly safe, although I'd recommend skipping 4.7 and going with 4.6 due to bugs that seem to love anything 4.7.
    05-16-09 04:40 AM
    Is it ok to download the 4.7 desktop version although my phone is on 4.5?

4.7 is buggy it doesn't get along well with the Curve.

You should download 4.5 or 4.6.
    05-16-09 04:42 AM
    Gracias mi amigo. Lol. Very fast response. I may have to hire u as my bb helper.

05-16-09 04:42 AM
    Gracias mi amigo. Lol. Very fast response. I may have to hire u as my bb helper.

You're very welcome
    05-16-09 04:44 AM
    I don't understand what everyone means by "buggy". I have a Verizon 8330 Curve with 4.5.0.131 and I always use DM 4.7 WITH Media Manager. Am I just one of the lucky ones, or should I be anticipating trouble down the road? I can honestly say I haven't had problems with DM 4.7 at all. I just always read that everyone categorically urges NOT to use 4.7 and I wonder what the problems are...

Of course, if there is no real difference between the two (4.6 and 4.7) well then use whatever the more experienced users suggest! I do not mean anyone has to use one or the other, I am just curious as to what actually goes wrong.
    05-16-09 08:39 AM
    I don't understand what everyone means by "buggy". I have a Verizon 8330 Curve with 4.5.0.131 and I always use DM 4.7 WITH Media Manager. Am I just one of the lucky ones, or should I be anticipating trouble down the road? I can honestly say I haven't had problems with DM 4.7 at all. I just always read that everyone categorically urges NOT to use 4.7 and I wonder what the problems are...

Of course, if there is no real difference between the two (4.6 and 4.7) well then use whatever the more experienced users suggest! I do not mean anyone has to use one or the other, I am just curious as to what actually goes wrong.
    There have been several reports of upgrade failures and the devices not being recognozed with 4.7. I as well use 4.6 with my curve and have been very happy
    05-16-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD