I just got my Curve last week and I am hooked. My question centers around the Desktop sync. I installed the software and thought I synced my curve, but I'm not sure. I don't have outlook, and the choices it gave me to back up was Yahoo and something else (i can't remember and right now I am at work so I don't have my computer.) I backed up everything to desktop, but I guess my question is, where is my stuff? Can I view my contacts, calender etc on my desktop?

For a reference point I used to have Palm products, and Palm's desktop enables you to view your contacts, calendars, etc on your computer, and you could even create entries and sync to your device.

Is this possible - or do I need to use Outlook to do this.

Thanks for all the help. I found this site by accident and I have found out how to do so many things just be reading others posts.

Thanks
    08-06-08 01:44 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

You can sync to Outlook Express (Windows Mail in Vista) if you use that. You can create Contact (Address Book) entries there and they will be transferred to your BlackBerry and, vice versa.

The problem with Outlook Express is that it does not have a Calendar function. You can use Yahoo or Gmail for that.

You Backup was saved in a Backup file that will have the name format Backup-(2008-08-06).ipd. Most likely you will find the file in you My Documents folder.
    08-06-08 03:06 PM
    Well I do have Windows Mail so I guess I can use that. I thought I saw a some point in time a "how to" on how to use the Desktop Sync, but I can't find it on here again. Does anyone know where that posting is?
    08-06-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD