When I plug my curve in it will charge but the messenger won't detect the pin so I can't download the new 4.5. What do I do?
    11-16-08 11:26 AM
    I suggest you go to rim's website and download a copy of 4.6 desktop manager, choose the save option and save it to your desktop. Uninstall the DM on your PC, then double click the 4.6 DM and install it. Then try to plug in and back up your berry. Then download, save and then install your new OS. I always recommend saving these files and then installing them. They are large and when one chooses run, there are often problems. I always get and use the one without media manager because it is slow> it is easier to drag and drop media files onto your device in my computer.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Good luck
    Last edited by exelant; 11-16-08 at 11:38 AM.
    11-16-08 11:34 AM
    11-16-08 11:46 AM
    When I plug my curve in it will charge but the messenger won't detect the pin so I can't download the new 4.5. What do I do?

Go here it will give you step by step instruction on installing the OS when the Desktop Manager and Computer does not recognize your pin:

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected - Page 4 - PinStack.com Forums. Good Luck
    11-16-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD