so i cleaned up a lot of memory through the shared folder, and it was said that its normal if the desktop manager wont find my BB. what do i do to get it to recognize it again?
    07-14-08 06:07 PM
    Does DesktopManager not find the device... under the device connected?

Or does AppLoader not load anything?

There is a difference between the two. If your DesktopManager does not recognize your device you will need to do different things than if AppLoader just does not recognize the changes and update your device!!
    07-14-08 06:11 PM
    Hmmmmm..........I would try a different USB Port (assuming all else is still square) and/or coupled with a battery pull.............

Oh, the above troubleshooting works best when drinking cold beers........
    07-14-08 06:12 PM
    Does DesktopManager not find the device... under the device connected?

Or does AppLoader not load anything?

There is a difference between the two. If your DesktopManager does not recognize your device you will need to do different things than if AppLoader just does not recognize the changes and update your device!!
    yes, is the DM not seeing the device? or is the DM not prompting you to update?
    07-14-08 06:15 PM
    the DM isnt seeing the device at all. i plug my bb in via usb, click the DM icon the menu shows up, and says device connected: none. i tried detecting the device manually, still didnt work. i remember reading something about deleting something from the device manager in my computer/ properties
    07-14-08 06:25 PM
    It sounds like the OP is having the same issue I am. The Desktop Manager doesn't see my Curve at all. Where it says "device connected (PIN)" all I get is "none." I've tried battery pulls, different USB ports, and now I'm confused. It can see my Pearl though. Any suggestions??
    07-14-08 06:28 PM
    It sounds like the OP is having the same issue I am. The Desktop Manager doesn't see my Curve at all. Where it says "device connected (PIN)" all I get is "none." I've tried battery pulls, different USB ports, and now I'm confused. It can see my Pearl though. Any suggestions??

Hmmmmmm........cold beers and service books?

Worth a whirl...........
    07-14-08 06:30 PM
    I have seen this a number of times with the 8330. The fix is to re-install Desktop Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 06:34 PM
    Lol, those sound like a plan. I will start there! Anything else?
    07-14-08 06:34 PM
    Check the Device manger on for your pc. under usb ports see if there is one with a yellow exclaimation mark (with the BB connected) if its the one your bb is connected to I believe you right click it and either repair or delete it. Sorry, I forgot excactly, but thats where the problem was with mine. Then it detected it. Hope you can figure it out.
    07-14-08 06:44 PM
    Success! I uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop Manager software and everything works again! Thanks to everyone. Now onto Stoner's guide to free up memory... Thanks again.
    07-14-08 07:44 PM
    And it's gone again. I downloaded the Bell handheld software for my Berry onto my computer (as in Stoners guide, just like I did previously with my Pearl and had no problems) and now Desktop Manager isn't seeing the Curve again. What the heck is going on? Am I doing something wrong?
    07-14-08 08:41 PM
    I went through a similar situation last week. I stayed on the phone with AT&T for 2 hours trying to get the problem resolved. Anyway, AT&T tech support ended-up contacting RIM (Blackberry) and the tech support there fixed my phone. I had to uninstall Desktop Manager 4.5 and reinstall DM 4.3 without the Media Manger (Roxio). Contact your service provider and have them contact RIM.
    Hope this helps...
    07-15-08 06:40 AM
    Update: I deleted Desktop Manager yet again, left the handheld software on the computer, restarted the computer, reloaded Desktop Manager, and now DM is seeing the Berry again. However, when I go into App Loader it doesn't show me all the apps on the Berry, it just shows me the themes I OTA'd. How do I make it show everything so I can free up memory?

It's a good thing I'm on holidays and have lots of free time on my hands!
    07-15-08 09:14 AM
    Glad to hear you got it working again.

The most likely explanation for the lack of OS components is the Vendor.xml file still exists. It has to be deleted before your device can recognize it as a valid OS.

It is created fresh with each OS installation.
    07-15-08 09:44 AM
    I downloaded the handheld software from the Blackberry site and used the Bell OS that matched my phone. Do I still have to delete the xml? Sorry to be such a pain, this worked so smoothly with my Pearl.
    07-15-08 10:19 AM
    I have seen this a number of times with the 8330. The fix is to re-install Desktop Manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm suffering the same problem but I've done all of the following and no results:

1. Uninstall then re-install.
    2. Erase computer's registry for this program and install the newest version (4.5.)

None of my attempts have been successful.
    07-15-08 10:39 AM
    4.5 has defects for some users. i am one of them. Try 4.3.
    07-15-08 01:37 PM
    I've been using 4.3. Any other ideas?
    07-15-08 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD