Guys,

I have a BB 8330 with OS 4.5.0.127 (I may be switching to an earlier OS because my BB GPS wont get a GPS lock like it did before the OS switch), but I dont know which Desktop Manager I should download from BB's site.

THanks alot!
    03-29-09 09:00 AM
    I would DM 4.6 as 4.7 has been giving some issues for Curves and Pearls
    03-29-09 09:02 AM
    Agreed. Without Media Manager as well.
    03-29-09 09:03 AM
    Agreed. Without Media Manager as well.
    Why no media manager?
    03-29-09 09:40 AM
    Interesting! I hadn't heard 4.7 giving people troubles. For the record though. I used 4.7 on a couple different computers to upgrade Curves from 4.2 to 4.5 and they all worked flawlessly. But, I believe nearly everything lastraid says so you may want to go with 4.6

As for media manager, it's just not neccessary. It's a lot of extra software that does the same thing you can do already, in a different interface.
    03-29-09 09:43 AM
    Hey now I am not perfect by any means thanks for nice words though. I just based my statement on review of concerns noted by others here. The issue is not regular functions of the DM, but OS updates.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-29-09 at 09:59 AM. Reason: grammer and spelling
    03-29-09 09:46 AM
    Why no media manager?
    Because roxio is a slow POS, use DM 4.6 without media manager as stated in the above post...
    03-29-09 09:48 AM
    Hey now I am not perfect in any means thanks for nice workds though. I just based my statement on review of concerns noted by others here. The issue is not regular functions of the DM, but OS updates.
    Well, I did say "nearly"! Even though I think you may flamed me pretty good one time, but I don't remember over what lol
    03-29-09 09:49 AM
    Well, I did say "nearly"! Even though I think you may flamed me pretty good one time, but I don't remember over what lol
    Yes you did say nearly There is old country song- oh lordy its hard humble, when your perfect in every way
    03-29-09 10:01 AM
    IMHO, Media Manager is a dog.

Sultan, I've seen many posts about people who couldn't upgrade using 4.7, but when they switched to 4.6 it work. I myself have had problems using 4.7 with my Curve, so I stick with 4.6. Glad to get some first hand reports on 4.7 working.
    03-29-09 10:08 AM
    IMHO, Media Manager is a dog.

Sultan, I've seen many posts about people who couldn't upgrade using 4.7, but when they switched to 4.6 it work. I myself have had problems using 4.7 with my Curve, so I stick with 4.6. Glad to get some first hand reports on 4.7 working.
    Oh I definitely believe there's been problems. I was just reporting that I got it to work, and a few different times. Though, I suppose the fact that sometimes it works and most times it doesn't, probably isn't helpful to the OP.
    03-29-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD