Well I have the newest version.... v4.6 but when I run open it to back/restore or anything for that matter it just shuts down in the middle....no error codes...nothing...gone!!!! restart it and try again and same thing again...over and over. It wont stay running long enough to finish a backup! I am running it on a vista 64bit version but I thought most problems with the 64 bit version was that the installers didnt work right. It installed fine and I still have problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail! Anyone ever have this happen to them or know of a solution????? Thanks

Wes
    10-15-08 08:41 PM
    DId you try to uninstall and reinstall the software?
    10-15-08 08:59 PM
    Second sentence from the last in my post..... "I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail!"
    So yes I have tried that....sorry not trying to sound like a smart *ss or anything just getting frustrated as I am trying to upgrade the OS and I need to backup first. Maybe this is a sign not to upgrade....lol
    10-15-08 09:02 PM
    Did the new DT manager come in a zip file or did it load an exe file that you open?
    Could be a corrupt download.
    A zip has better chances of being complete.
    You could toss the copy you have and try DLing a new DTman.

Could also be another software running in the backround that conflicts with DTman.
    Make sure the comp is clean of adware/spyware and try the DTman again.
    10-15-08 11:02 PM
    Well for some reason it wasnt running with admin permissions so I right clicked and ran as administrator and all is well.......... guess it was a wasy fix after all! just took me 5 hours to figure it out!!

Wes
    10-15-08 11:21 PM
    During my 4.5 upgrade, after backing up everything and wiping the phone clean the DTman would not recognize my phone.
    I had to disconnect the phone, do a battery pull, reboot my laptop and wait for DTman to come up. Put the battery back in the phone, reconnected the USB and whalah! It finally recognized the phone, after about an hour of panic.
    10-15-08 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD