Hi All,
    This is my first post and I'm after a little advice.
    When I tried to back up my blackberry today I got a window pop up saying "could not establish communications with the device. A required application is missing from the device." Also, when I tried to synchronize my device another window popped up saying " Unable to connect to handheld device. Verify that handheld is ready and retry."
    I've checked in connection settings and DM is recognising my device, I've also re-installed DM and I'm getting the same problem, so I can only assume its a problem on my blackberry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Nick
    01-17-08 09:51 AM
    as i recall, some carriers sent out copies of DM that didn't have the drivers for the 8130, maybe same case with 8320? not sure, try downloading the newest version of DM on blackberry.com. or hopefully someone else will have a better answer.
    01-17-08 09:53 AM
    Does the charging icon on the battery on the BB appear when connected?

When you first open Desktop Manager, does the BB connect (DM will say working... connected...)?

First suggestion from me is to remove the battery on the BB, replace and reboot, retry.
    01-17-08 09:54 AM
    Yes the charging icon is on my BB and it does connect to DM. Daft question, but do I need to turn the handset off first before removing the battery?
    01-17-08 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD