Have been syncing my Curve 8310 and yahoo without incident. Recently tried to use the calendar, address book and E-mail through Outlook 2003. During synchronization configuration, when I select the only Profile available on Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings, the configuration apparently works but when I continue, I receive the error message "Folder is no longer part of the system data service or the folder could not be found". The same error message applies for both the Outlook Calendar and Outlook Address Books. No message is received for Yahoo as it will sync without problems.

Using Outlook Connector, BB 8310 OS 4.5, DM vers 4.6, Desktop OS XP Service Pack 3.

Anyone else encountered such an Outlook error and what was the resolution?
    02-11-09 09:52 PM
    google has a "sync" program that works well with my curve.

You may already have a Google Icon on your phone.... go to the more section

There is a icon for sync there

You need an account with Igoogle, then add the calendar and gmail.

You don't have to use the gmail account as your primary email....its just part of the sync process.

Once you have those two accounts then you need to export a CSV file from outlook and import it into Gmail....it only takes a few seconds. Once you have updated your gmail address book it will sync that info to your BB. Same for the calendar..... what ever you have on that calendar will sync with your BB.

This only works OTA not through a USB or other hardwire. Mine actually does it by itself on a schedule.
    Last edited by pegs; 02-12-09 at 03:19 PM.
    02-12-09 03:15 PM
    pegs, this is working well for me. thanx
    02-19-09 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD