Ok, I've been working on this for about a 2 hours..

I recently downloaded the OS for the 8330 (4.3.127) & the device can no longer connect to the Desktop Manager. It would connect before I downloaded the OS & tell me it doesn't have the software to support my handheld - thus me downloading the OS software.

I've tried to use the Connection Settings Detect feature & there's no device found. Also, no 'New Hardware' pop up notifications when I plug in the device.

All that happens is I plug in the BB, it prompts me for Mass Media Storage, & no matter what I choose it still doesn't show up in the Desktop Manager.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    05-18-08 08:12 PM
    Try pulling the battery on the 8330 and close out DM and then reopen and reconnect. See if that helps.
    05-18-08 08:44 PM
    Try pulling the battery on the 8330 and close out DM and then reopen and reconnect. See if that helps.
    I've tried that.. doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the help though..

In the process of re-installing Desktop Mgr. & OS.
    Last edited by mzshey2x; 05-19-08 at 09:28 AM.
    05-18-08 08:55 PM
    Update:

As I previously said - it was connecting fine to the Desktop Mgr until I loaded the OS.

Any other suggestions?
    05-19-08 09:28 AM
    I would like to know as well!
    05-19-08 07:40 PM
    Plug your BB into the USB....open Device Manager on computer scroll down and you should see the BB Icon with a yellow exclamation point......

right click it and highlite update driver........you choose location don't let it automatically find it. Hit next and BB will show up highlite it hit next and your good to go........
    05-19-08 08:12 PM
    Ok, I've been working on this for about a 2 hours..

I recently downloaded the OS for the 8330 (4.3.127) & the device can no longer connect to the Desktop Manager. It would connect before I downloaded the OS & tell me it doesn't have the software to support my handheld - thus me downloading the OS software.

I've tried to use the Connection Settings Detect feature & there's no device found. Also, no 'New Hardware' pop up notifications when I plug in the device.

All that happens is I plug in the BB, it prompts me for Mass Media Storage, & no matter what I choose it still doesn't show up in the Desktop Manager.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    I posted this thread a few days ago http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/des...roblems-36249/ having exactly the same problem. No resolution thus far. Battery pull didnt do it - I tried a few different versions of DM (but same OS) and no luck with various versions of install/reboot etc. Exactly same issues. Havent tried the usb thing just above this though - eager to try that at home.

Glad to know I'm not the only one - sorry that doesnt help Windows XP?
    05-19-08 10:08 PM
    If you go to the 8330 4.3 forum on the second page some one said you can unistall the driver software and then re update the drivers. Hope this helps!
    05-19-08 10:37 PM
    The "fix" I listed above will work...........

It's a rather simple issue.
    05-19-08 11:56 PM
    This exact thing happened to me. Castor Troy has a good suggestion, but if you don't feel like messing with your device manager you can reinstall , or "REPAIR" the desktop manager from the disk. I chose "REPAIR" when the desktop manager install wizard came up.

The OS you downloaded will still be there, and everything will work the same.

After doing this I was able to unlock all the vendor themes for my phone.
    05-20-08 01:59 AM
    Ya'll rock. Thanks Castor Troy et al. Much frustration over the obvious.
    05-20-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD