I just bought my first BB, a Curve 8830.

I installed the desktop manager to my computer, and went to sync my phone for the first time, and it says I need an internet connection to do this.

I do not have internet at home, am I hooped??

Am I going to run into lots of other problems with my BB if I can't hook it to a PC with internet connection?
    12-03-08 04:02 PM
    Are you trying to sync with Yahoo? If so then you will need an internet connection. If you are syncing with Outlook then make sure you have DM configured completely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 04:56 PM
    Uninstall desktop manager, then reinstall it choosing the personal email BIS option and not the enterprise BES option.
    12-03-08 05:09 PM
    Uninstall desktop manager, then reinstall it choosing the personal email BIS option and not the enterprise BES option.
    It seems to me when I installed it, I had chosen the BIS option, but I will double check.

Also, I'm not trying to 'synch' my device with any email or calander, as I don't have Outlook or access to my hotmail account on my desktop without having internet. My reason for hooking it up, was so that I could download/run some off-line features, like put some music and pictures on the device, do all my contact entry, etc. Am I miss understanding wht 'synch' means? I thought the process would be just like an MP3 player, or my old Palm Pilot. But if I have to have the net to make it run, then I'm fubarred.
    12-04-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD