I am trying to install Desktop Manager off the CD that came with my new 8310. About 3/4 of the way thru the installation the program is trying to register different modules and I get a Unable to register......... message with the option to Retry,Ignore or Abort Installation. This happens 7 times in a row when selecting the ignore option, and then the program finishes its installation and tells me it was sucessfuly installed. When I try to use DM I can not get it to sync with my computer. As soon as I hit the sync button I get a unkown error message. I have done a complete uninstall and tried downloading DM diectly from RIM. and get the exact same results. I was able to use the feature that lets me sync it with another smartphone to get all my contacts into the new phone, but I can not get the Email, Calendar or anything else to sync with my computer. I did turn off my anti-virus off while I was installing. Anybody else have this problem? Thanks Glenn
    02-25-08 12:52 PM
    What O/S are you trying to install this on? Also, I would recommend downloading version of 4.3 from the Blackberry website.
    02-25-08 01:45 PM
    V4.2.2 is the O/S that came with the phone.
    02-25-08 03:37 PM
    " Retry,Ignore or Abort "

If retry dosn't work, it was a one time read failure. You can select Ignore and always wonder when the time bomb will go off. That leaves Abort and start again with a known good copy.

You will find that on the BlackBerry support site.

BlackBerry - PDAs - BlackBerry Support at BlackBerry.com
    02-25-08 05:36 PM
    Sorry gdidy, maybe I wasn't 100% clear on what I was asking. Are you trying to install this on Windows XP or Windows Vista? I would still download the 4.3 Desktop Manager software from the Blackberry website. If you are running Windows Vista you have to choose the "Run As Administrator" option by right-clicking on the filename to get it to install correctly.

Let us know.
    02-26-08 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD