I am a new blackberry user and new to CB and have a question. Every time i sync my BB curve 8330 to desktop manager i notice that my BB screensaver or wallpaper (after syncing) always goes back or reverts to the default BB wallpaper. Is this normal or is something wrong.

Thanks
    07-09-08 03:40 PM
    is it causing any other problems?
    07-09-08 03:42 PM
    No just that one
    07-09-08 03:44 PM
    I assume you have a Micro SD card. Your wallpaper picture is stored on the card. While it is connected to your PC it will default to the wallpaper that is default to your theme which is stored on your internal memory. Now im not sure but i assume you can change it so it does not do that.

I have mine setup that way so it shows up as a external drive so i can just drag and drop my mp3's, pics, videos in there without having to open the desktop manager.

As soon as you unplug the USB your wallpaper will show back up.
    Last edited by scottlucky13; 07-09-08 at 03:49 PM.
    07-09-08 03:46 PM
    How do you set it to show up as an external drive, like yours?
    I'm having a bunch of different problems with my desktop manager software, I don't know how many times i've uninstalled and downloaded again, trying to fix my roxio media manager.
    07-09-08 03:53 PM
    yep, you were right, my wallpaper is stored on my mini card not the device.
    Thanks scottlucky13
    07-09-08 03:57 PM
    options > media card > set as mass storage unit to "yes" and set when connected via USB to "yes"
    07-09-08 03:57 PM
    Go to Options - Media Card

then should say auto enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected. I have mine selected to yes. Which means it will show up like a usb drive would. You can also select this to prompt you if you want to do this or not.

Mine will usually show up as a D or F drive. If it doesn't show up let me know and i can give you instructions on how to get it to show up.
    07-09-08 03:58 PM
    ok so i feel like a real dummy right now lol.
    Anyway, I tried doing what you said, oakie, and I got as far as options>media card...
    I don't have the option to set mass storage unit or the connected via usb option....but i do have "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected" and i can choose yes, no, or prompt....is that sort of the same thing?
    07-09-08 04:03 PM
    ok so i feel like a real dummy right now lol.
    Anyway, I tried doing what you said, oakie, and I got as far as options>media card...
    I don't have the option to set mass storage unit or the connected via usb option....but i do have "Auto enable mass storage mode when connected" and i can choose yes, no, or prompt....is that sort of the same thing?
    yes.

+6characters
    07-09-08 04:04 PM
    OHHHH ok thanks scott! yea, i was a little confused at first but you cleared it up. I guess all blackberrys are different
    07-09-08 04:04 PM
    OHHHH ok thanks scott! yea, i was a little confused at first but you cleared it up. I guess all blackberrys are different
    Yea some of them have different options. Glad i could help.
    07-09-08 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD