i keep trying to backup my device and when i try to do that it gets to a certain point and it says error backing up database and it stops any ideas
    08-29-08 05:24 PM
    What os and dm versions are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 05:28 PM
    vista and 4.5
    08-29-08 05:32 PM
    If you know which database it is halting on, go to advanced >
    highlight that database in the pane on the right > select Clear
    and try to backup again.
    08-29-08 05:35 PM
    No, I mean what dm version? Not your pc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 05:37 PM
    dm i'm running is 4.6
    08-29-08 05:41 PM
    dm i'm running is 4.6
    I had this exact same problem when I was trying to upgrade my os the other day. DM picks the best times to crap out, lol.

Open up DM 4.6 and go to Backup and Restore. Click on "Advanced."

This is what I do when I want to make sure only my important stuff gets transferred over, or when DM doesn't want to backup for me for whatever reason.

On the right side you have device database, on the left is empty space. I usually copy over my address book, auto text, calendar, blackberry messenger, and bookmarks. That is all, mainly to minimize the chance of anything going screwy. Click on Address Book - All (most important!) and the "<<" button will be selectable. Click it, and it'll copy over to the blank side. Go down the line selecting and moving things that are important to you. You can select messages and profiles as well.. pretty much anything, its up to you. When you finish (at the very minimum, have everything I listed above) go to File, and Save As...

It'll save (desktop is convenient) as backup(todays date).ipd. There you have your bare minimum backup file.
    08-29-08 06:20 PM
    mine keeps failing at options and i hit clear but in advanced it still says records 12 any ideas???
    08-29-08 06:34 PM
    mine keeps failing at options and i hit clear but in advanced it still says records 12 any ideas???
    Mine was doing the same thing. I'm not sure why it's failing for both of us, but try just transferring over the following:

Address Book - All
    Autotext
    Blackberry messenger
    Browser Bookmarks
    Calendar - All
    Profiles
    You can also transfer sms, mms, and messages and whatever else too, if you like. There might be a different way, but I'm stubborn and this is the way I prefer to do it.
    08-29-08 06:46 PM
    I'm having similar problems but it seems to be with just the Key* files. Wierd thing is that when I do those by themself, it backs up just fine.

If you can't figure out which specific file is causing the problem, you can use mm_style's directions to backup one file at a time to find the one that fails.
    08-29-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD