After using my bb for about 5 months, I'm ready to upgrade to the new OS. In the instructions for upgrading, and in a lot of posts here, one of the steps that must be done is to delete the vendor file. Either I missed it or something but I don't remember reading on exactly how to delete the vendor file....

Help please...
    10-12-08 06:55 PM
    Go to program files/common files/research in motion/apploader -- the vendor file will be there at the bottom

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 06:57 PM
    Remember:

After you've delete the vendor file, and you plug your berry in, the DM apploader will look for upgrades, you'll click update now when it asks if you want to update. On the next page that comes up hit the options tab beneath Data Preservation and Device Backup heading. Make SURE you check the box to ensure the Backup Device Data Automatically During the Installation Process then click OK. You can also click the advanced tab and if anything you want installed like docs to go and bbm has an unchecked box. you'll need to check them to make sure it's installed. Do not uncheck any boxes.Then you can click next, then click finish.

The process will start. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT unplug your device until apploader says it is done. It will look like it is hanging up but it isn't. Go away and don't look at your computer for an hour. If you unplug early your berry will be bricked and you willl be screwed.Good Luck

After you're done upgrading, do the following:
    1. Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.
    2. Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.
    3. Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

10-12-08 07:03 PM
    How the heck do I find program files???
    10-12-08 07:04 PM
    It's on you computer under C:\

Are you sure you're ready to upgrade? I'm not giving you a hard time, but these things are all installed on your c drive.

10-12-08 07:10 PM
    Maybe I'm not ready, I knew where program files are on my pc, I thought I was looking them on my bb....

Thanks for the advice, exelant, the main reason I wanted to upgrade was so that I could watch videos and use the camera as a video camera....guess those can wait for now....

Thanks again....
    10-12-08 07:15 PM
    The advice is there, and I don't mean to be tough on ya. I just got scared for a minute there.

10-12-08 07:25 PM
    Now that I understand what was going on, I feel kind of bad about. Send me your pin and I'll talk you through it

10-12-08 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD