i downloaded a theme that i really dont like and i would like to delete it. i own a BBcurve 8330. i went to the help menu on the phone and it told me to go to options, select theme, highlight the theme i wanted to delete, click menu and then delete. however i do not have a delete option when i follow these steps. am i doing something wrong can anyone help. thanks
    07-18-08 10:59 AM
    Press your menu button > options > advanced options > applications > then just find the theme and delete it that way. Hope this helps!
    07-18-08 11:02 AM
    thanks a bunch
    07-18-08 11:43 AM
    Is there a way to delete the preloaded themes from RIM or Sprint? Thanks in advance for your help!
    07-26-08 12:32 PM
    Is there a way to delete the preloaded themes from RIM or Sprint? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Yes there certainly is. Follow the link in my signature and there will be instructions in there to do exactly that. Then all you have to do is run application loader through desktop manager
    07-26-08 12:35 PM
    Yes there certainly is. Follow the link in my signature and there will be instructions in there to do exactly that. Then all you have to do is run application loader through desktop manager
    But arent there dependencies for some of the pre-loaded themes? I've wanted to delete a few I know I'll never use to free up the memory, but I've been holding off because I dont want to delete something I may need.
    07-26-08 12:42 PM
    But arent there dependencies for some of the pre-loaded themes? I've wanted to delete a few I know I'll never use to free up the memory, but I've been holding off because I dont want to delete something I may need.
    There are instructions in Stoner's guide. He tells you which ones you should keep and which ones you can delete. He also has a ton of other tips for freeing up memory. Just check it out, you have nothing to lose... except for a bunch of memory!!
    07-26-08 12:45 PM
    I've had Stoner's guide bookmarkled for a while now, been meaning to go through and use it to clear some space. Not untill recently have I ever had a few messages deleted on me, so I figure its about time to give this a try.
    07-26-08 12:59 PM
    I've had Stoner's guide bookmarkled for a while now, been meaning to go through and use it to clear some space. Not untill recently have I ever had a few messages deleted on me, so I figure its about time to give this a try.
    The operating system is divided into core and non-core components. Application Loader lets you deal with the non-core stuff, but refuses to touch core applications.

There is a reason, everything is linked together and there are dependencies. The simplest are the pre-loaded sample images. Removing them also removes custom folders. For some, that is important enough to justify keeping 3 Mb of sample images.

The guide is constantly evolving. As new information becomes available, a tip or a link will be edited in to clarify.
    07-26-08 01:49 PM

I have tried both ways, through Crackmem, and also via the in pc links. I cannot accomplish this. I am very computer literate, but the files he is telling me to look for on my pc, under Common Files are not there.
    Also, on Crackmem, it is not showing ANY OS even the one on the bb that is connected to the pc.
    I guess I am a little lost here...

New update: I am also running desktop manager 4.2.2 as it is the only one that allows me to sync with microsoft outlook. Could this be part of the problem?
    Last edited by wafoy09; 07-26-08 at 05:06 PM. Reason: New info I felt pertainent to the post.
    07-26-08 05:02 PM
    The operating system is divided into core and non-core components. Application Loader lets you deal with the non-core stuff, but refuses to touch core applications.

There is a reason, everything is linked together and there are dependencies. The simplest are the pre-loaded sample images. Removing them also removes custom folders. For some, that is important enough to justify keeping 3 Mb of sample images.

The guide is constantly evolving. As new information becomes available, a tip or a link will be edited in to clarify.
    Thanks for the reply....that at least lets me know that I shouldnt be able to do too much damage when I use the application loader. I've still got to read through your guide a few more times though. Its strange being fairly computer literate, but being so out of sorts when it comes to playing around with BB's. Thanks for the help
    07-27-08 04:23 AM
    I have tried both ways, through Crackmem, and also via the in pc links. I cannot accomplish this. I am very computer literate, but the files he is telling me to look for on my pc, under Common Files are not there.
    Also, on Crackmem, it is not showing ANY OS even the one on the bb that is connected to the pc.
    I guess I am a little lost here...

New update: I am also running desktop manager 4.2.2 as it is the only one that allows me to sync with microsoft outlook. Could this be part of the problem?
    This is probably because you haven't downloaded and installed the device software for your curve onto your desktop. You need to do that in order to have the files that Stoner points out. You can find the software here. Just select your phone from the drop-down menu and click the first link below it that says download.

After downloading the device software and then installing it, you should be able to access all the files that Stoner mentions. Then after you remove all the files into a separate folder, all you have to do is connect your BB to your computer, open desktop manager and run application loader. Again, please refer to Stoner's guide... the link is in my signature
    07-27-08 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD