every couple of hours, my blackberry curve just automatically deletes all of the text messages in my inbox. Unless they are saved, they all disappear. I clear my cache all the time and I don't have too much loaded on the device. Mostly just on the media card. I have Facebook on there and it just randomly deletes messages on there, too. Any idea why and how to fix that? I'm on Sprint.
    02-08-09 03:42 PM
    Facebook and Viigo cause many problems for many users. Not all but many. What is your file free memory?

options>status

When your bb gets low on memory it will start deleting texts....
    02-08-09 03:52 PM
    I'm installing the new update now and then I can see how much is free. I tried to streamline how much stuff I have on there so it doesn't bog down. If I put as much as possible on the media card, shouldn't that free things up on the phone so I shouldn't have that problem?

And, how do I see how much free space I have?
    02-08-09 04:09 PM
    Most things cannot be stored on the media card. Pictures, ringtones, etc can but apps-themes cannot... You want your free memory to be over 12/15 at least from what I read on here. I am starting to think your issue is NOT memory related to be honest. I think your phone is the one that is 96mb out of the box.....so its very doubtful it is a mem issue.

Check options>SMS and see where number of previous items is set. That might be too low. You can set it up to 50..
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-08-09 at 04:18 PM.
    02-08-09 04:16 PM
    Facebook and Viigo cause many problems for many users. Not all but many. What is your file free memory?

options>status

When your bb gets low on memory it will start deleting texts....
    i agree, but facebook and viigo both have options to clear caches inside their own respective programs. i've found that the viigo cache does not deduct from the displayed from the displayed file free memory but it does actually take away from the actual memory. i might have confused you with that but jus erase the cache at least once a day and that should suit you just fine.
    02-08-09 04:17 PM
    Thanks for all the advice!
    02-08-09 04:34 PM
    it sounds like low memory so pull the battery out with the phone power on and leave it out about 20 seconds and put it back in and power the phone back on this should help to free up memory.
    02-08-09 04:42 PM
    Most things cannot be stored on the media card. Pictures, ringtones, etc can but apps-themes cannot... You want your free memory to be over 12/15 at least from what I read on here. I am starting to think your issue is NOT memory related to be honest. I think your phone is the one that is 96mb out of the box.....so its very doubtful it is a mem issue.

Check options>SMS and see where number of previous items is set. That might be too low. You can set it up to 50..
    How do I free the memory to be over 12/15? I don't really know what that means... But, I will say that I am a big facebook user (I have a huge addiction...) and I have never, not once, cleared the cache on the app on my phone. So, maybe clearing it daily will make a difference. Since I cleared it tonight, it hasn't deleted one text message. And, since I upgraded to the new OS, I even sent a few MMS's and it still hasn't deleted anything. Yay! Hopefully that's it.
    02-08-09 08:45 PM
    I think your phone is the one that is 96mb out of the box.....
    How can we tell how much memory is on our phones? I bought my 8310 last month, but never knew what came on it.
    02-08-09 10:13 PM
    How can we tell how much memory is on our phones? I bought my 8310 last month, but never knew what came on it.
    Options - Status.

The 8300, 8310, 8320 came with I do believe 64mb's if I'm not mistaken.
    and the 8330 came with 94mb.
    02-09-09 12:09 AM
    ^^ what mbudden said. Or you can press ALT+LeftShift+H from your home screen. The "12/15" used earlier in the thread is in reference to mb - you should have at least 12,xxx,xxx mb of memory for your curve to function properly. The symptoms you describe are often associated with low memory.

Here's a link to help maximize your memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 12:26 AM
    Options - Status.

The 8300, 8310, 8320 came with I do believe 64mb's if I'm not mistaken.
    and the 8330 came with 94mb.
    OK, I got ya. I was just wondering because I saw he had an 8310 on his profile and wondering if they had been souped up.

Options-Status has free memory listed, but I'm still wondering if there's something that tells how much total memory is on board.
    02-09-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD