ATT sent me a new phone due to the track ball being inop. I want to clear my old phone before sending it back. What is the easiest way? will my email automatically transfer to new phone?
    09-10-08 06:13 PM
    Options > Security > General > Menu > wipe handheld. You should call your carrier to confirm the PIN information for your account has been updated.
    09-10-08 06:18 PM
    Options > Security > General > Menu > wipe handheld. You should call your carrier to confirm the PIN information for your account has been updated.
    Thanks for providing this info.....I just got a new curve replacement today (stupid battery door button popped off, otherwise phone was great) as I was also wondering how to wipe it clean before sending back the old one.
    09-10-08 06:23 PM
    it does not give a menu or wipe handheld option
    09-10-08 06:33 PM
    If you do not have that option, you didn't go to the right place, or have an IT policy in place restricting use of the option.

From the home screen go to Options > Security Options > General Settings > Press Menu > Select Wipe Handheld.
    09-10-08 06:48 PM
    I am an *****!!! Menu button....the one with the logo not on the screen!!! Got it and it just finished. I love this site. I hope my email will transfer to my new phone. Do you think I will have to reset it or log into att.blackberry.net site?
    09-10-08 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD