Hi
    I am definitely a newbie...I would appreciate any help you could give. When I read a yahoo email on my phone and later go to my computer, the emails are all still unread...is there a way that if I read it on my phone, it becomes read on my computer too? Hope you understand...thanks!
    01-03-09 04:22 PM
    In your messages folder, go to options, email reconciliation, make sure Delete On: is prompt, Wireless reconcile is ON and On Conflicts - mailbox wins...

Do you have those settings?
    01-03-09 04:25 PM
    Thank you...you are very helpful today
    I have another question...when I am sending someone a text message, a history of the past messages shows...how can I make this not happen without having to do it manually everytime...THANKS!!
    01-03-09 05:09 PM
    Im not understanding that last part.. *not happen?"

Like say you and I have a conversation

Hi then you say hello

So I now see hello (from you) and then i type my text? LOL confusing I know, but I dont get what you mean..

or... try going to Options, SMS text and change the A# of previous items to 0.. see if thats what you wanted...
    01-03-09 05:14 PM
    What I mean is that even when I send a brand new text to someone, not a reply, it still shows a history of the last few messages, EVEN when I have it set to 0...why?
    01-03-09 05:16 PM
    Oh, open the text, menu key, you should see *remove history* I dont have any texts right now to verify the exact moves but in there *somwhere* is Remove History in the menu
    01-03-09 05:19 PM
    I know I am annoying, but I did that...could it be because the person I am sending to does not have it set to 0 or should that not matter...
    I do want to have to remove the history everytime and most times, it is not even there...because it is a new message...I know I am confusing...but changing it to 0 is just not working???
    01-03-09 05:21 PM
    Not annoying at all, Im just not entirely sure what you are meaning, I too have the history of our conversation but I delete it all out (SMS folder) end of the day, if what I think you are meaning, and what I have, I dont think you can, I ignore it, its part of the conversation LOL

Now Im the confusing one.
    01-03-09 05:25 PM
    If what I think you are meaning, thats default, cant change it.

Also, from time to time (not sure if you know this or not) clean out your folders for memory maintance. Messages, menu key, view folders, and clean those out, will keep it running smoother.
    01-03-09 05:27 PM
    Okay, let me try to tell you in a story...sent a brand new text to someone today, we had talked previous day, He did not want anyone to see that, well it was attached to our conversation today...every time I text him, our old conversations show up, not for everyone's eyes Do you get it?
    And how do you delete out SMS folder?
    I apparently am not ready for a BB
    01-03-09 05:29 PM
    ohhhhh wait a min, *lightbulb*
    Messages folder, Options, general options

Hide Sent Messages - change to yes

Is THAT it?
    01-03-09 05:30 PM
    No, thats not it from your story then LOL

So you sent him a clean starting SMS today, but it had yesterdays convo in it?

(to clean folders) Messages, View folders, all of those folders go into Scroll to the top, menu key, delete prior. Or you can highlight (shift and trackball roll) then menu key delete.
    01-03-09 05:32 PM
    I dont think Ive seen that happen, or if its happened to me, Ive ignored it, but sounds like you may have to *remove history* every now and again. Im lost LOL
    01-03-09 05:33 PM
    Yes, that is what happened...I cleaned everything out, guess I should watch what I say Thanks so much for your help...I am sure I will be asking more questions in the future.
    01-03-09 05:40 PM
    What I mean by that is what happened, it that it did have yesterday's convo on it????????
    01-03-09 05:41 PM
    I really dont know why that happened from a brand spankin new text.
    01-03-09 05:41 PM
    Hmmm... Doesn't it sound like it's the *recipient* that is displaying the convo history rather than the sender transmitting it? All texts I've ever sent are just the current text, not any history (remember SMS is limited to 160 characters, so there couldn't be much of a history). If so, then it seems like the recipient needs to make the changes? Or maybe I'm just as confused LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 06:15 PM
    Yeh, it *could* be on the recipients end, and attaching the history to when its sent back, I have no idea, Ive never seen it LOL
    01-03-09 06:18 PM
    Hi
    I am definitely a newbie...I would appreciate any help you could give. When I read a yahoo email on my phone and later go to my computer, the emails are all still unread...is there a way that if I read it on my phone, it becomes read on my computer too? Hope you understand...thanks!
    hi i was wondering how to set this on the tour to delete from computer too if you could help i would appreciate it so much
    03-31-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD