Lately I have been putting some pictures on my 8300 from my macbook to my media card. When I first started, every now and then a duplicate of one would appear on my blackberry that was a read only file and could not be viewed or deleted. It has now started to make a duplicate for every single picture that i transfer. When i try to view it, it says "Unable to display file Media Card/Blackberry/pictures/._name.jpg". when plugged into my computer, the duplicate files do not appear, and the only way they go away is if i delete the original and as soon as i put it back onto my media card, the duplicate appears again. I have no idea what to do, and it is becoming very annoying. any suggestions?
    02-19-09 04:36 PM
    Did you delete the pictures from your BlackBerry using your Mac and then NOT empty the trash BEFORE you disconnected?

If so, then your Mac likely created a hidden ._trashes folder containing the deleted items. Search your media card for this hidden folder and delete it. And in the future, be sure to empty the trash before you disconnect.
    02-19-09 05:52 PM
    I just tried that, deleted them off the bb and emptied the trash can before attempting to put them back on and every single one has a duplicate once again. And I searched for a .trashes folder, but there was no such thing
    02-19-09 06:12 PM
    Be sure that your Finder (that's what it's called, right? I'm not a Mac user, but your FILE BROWSER.) is set to show HIDDEN files and folders.

Do a global search on the whole thing.
    02-19-09 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD