Here's the issue:

I was experiencing the problem where the hour glass would not disappear and my battery was being drained. Read through the threads and someone said to remove FB. Did that, and it seemed to correct the problem. Another suggestion was to remove and then re-add the device e-mail addresses so I would get all the old e-mails I missed...And that's where the problem began...

After removing the e-mails and then re-adding them, now my Today screen calendar shows NO appointments! Once again read through the threads and some said to go to Advanced Options --> Service Books and remove the CICAL service book for each e-mail and then the appointments would reappear. Is that advised? I don't want this removal to adversely affect my calendar or e-mail. I'm getting frustrated now because I can't get it to work and I feel if I mess with it any further, I will be up the creek.

Can someone please help me fix this problem: 1) Making appts reappear on the calendar and 2) getting my e-mails to arrive to my device

Currently using OS 4.5.0.56 if this helps
    Last edited by Tweet; 10-07-08 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Revision
    10-07-08 05:47 PM
    i was having the problem of having my outlook appointments disappear when I would sync my BB. Advice from the folks on here was to delete the CICAL files, and do it after every sync. I have done that twice today, and thus far, no more issues with the calendar and the BB, which makes my life much easier at work if I'm not deleting everyone's appointments.

If I recall, I had one CICAL for desktop, one for each email I have on the BB. The desktop one comes back with each sync, but so far the email CICAL files have not.

You may want to try this. it may, or may not work for you.

Best of luck!!
    10-07-08 07:10 PM
    You should not have to delete these entries after every sync.

CICAL is a calendar entry that is made whenever you add an email account or re-send your service books to your BB.

It is an entry that basically confuses the BB.

If you've deleted ALL of the CICAL entries and still have the problem then it might be something else. Also, I don't think it would have any effect on email since it is a calendar entry.

If you are syncing with Outlook you will want to make sure that your Outlook calendar has everything you want. Also, make sure you DM is setup the way you want it. Is it set for a 2 way sync? If there is a conflict are you prompted to take action? Who wins out, Outlook or BB?

Then re-sync. Everything from Outlook should go onto the BB.

I kept losing appointments until a tech at BB told me about this.

Hope this helps.
    10-07-08 07:20 PM
    thanks...after reading some more threads, it appears that other vzw users have been having a problem getting their AOL mail. so the e-mail issue i'm having (with AOL) seems isolated.

i deleted the CICAL for my current e-mail addresses (AOL, gmail, and BB.net) and my appointments re-appeared.

but if i have to send service books again, will the CICAL files return, in particular if it is tied to calendar entries?
    10-07-08 07:56 PM
    [CICAL] will appear whenever you ADD an email account and/or re-send the service books to your phone.
    10-07-08 08:06 PM
    But what I'm asking is there any harm in getting rid of it?

If it's not really needed and people are deleting CICAL, what's the point of it coming across every time you send the service books?

I think it's pretty lame to have to delete it every time I send the service books, but whatever I have to do to get e-mails...
    10-08-08 05:22 AM
    I was told by BB tech support that it is NOT needed.
    10-08-08 06:00 AM
    i guess i'll be okay then...thanks The Bronx
    10-08-08 06:10 AM
    I have kind of a dumb question but I wanted to ask before I do this.

I'm on BIS and I never sync with anything. I have the no appointment popup issue. I have three CICAL books associated with my three email accounts on my phone.

My question is...do I delete all three of these? Or do I need to leave one, so the calendar associates it with that email account. In other words, if I delete all of my CICALs and never sync my phone (i add all appointments manually on the phone) will it still work?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!
    10-29-08 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD