What is the best way to delete apps on the blackberry? Use the desktop software or the blackberry itself?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 12:48 PM
    Either one. The result is the same.

07-04-08 12:51 PM
    Deleting on the device leaves you no roll back option. If you use the Applications Manager, you can custom craft your system.

It is far more complex, but if you ever experience a "Uncaught Exception Error" and a dead device, you will be very happy you have it installed.
    07-04-08 12:54 PM
    If think you will ever want to install it again, the app loader is the best way. If you don't either way.

Deleting Apps
    07-04-08 12:55 PM
    I stand corrected. I didn't realize that deleting the app from the device removed it from the App Loader. I'm surprised I never noticed that.

07-04-08 01:00 PM
    That applies only if no device OS is present.

When AL starts, it reads in two stages. The first one is the device, the second one is the OS.
    07-04-08 03:10 PM
    So, are you saying: "if you have the device OS installed on the PC, then deleting an app from the device does not remove it from the App Loader. If you do not have the device OS installed on the PC, then deleting the app from the device does delete it from the App Loader."?

07-04-08 03:38 PM
    Exactly!

Once it is off the device, you need the OS to get it back.
    07-04-08 04:09 PM
    That explains why I hadn't noticed it, since I installed the OS on the PC before I installed any apps.

This has been a good day for learning things: this thread, the desktop sync Rim KB entry, and Patrick's JVM tutorial.

Thanks.

07-04-08 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD