My 8330 from sprint has been deleting text messages, emails, and facebook app messages for the past few days. I've noticed that sent and recieved messages have been missing and I don't know why. I don't delete them and I have the options set to keep them forever. Theres no certain pattern either, it seems to be random.... Any suggestions? So far thats the only thing I know of thats been deleted.

Also, my phone has been getting stuck on the hour glass lately for extended periods of time. Most times I have to do a battery pull or Alt+shift+del to get it back right... it seems its been doing that ALMOST everyday.

I haven't dropped it or gotten it wet so I dnt know what the problem could be.
    10-20-09 02:32 AM
    Check your file free memory (Options, Status) third line down. It needs to be above 10 or so MB Minimum.

Also, make sure you don't have a lot of open apps running in device memory. Hold the Alt key down, press the Back key. There should be only the 5 native apps running (Home, Messages, Phone, Browser, Messenger).

Also, if you have a memory card, try taking it out. If your hourglassing goes away, try moving your files off your card, format the card (Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card. Move your files back to your card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 03:30 AM
    Check your file free memory (Options, Status) third line down. It needs to be above 10 or so MB Minimum.

Also, make sure you don't have a lot of open apps running in device memory. Hold the Alt key down, press the Back key. There should be only the 5 native apps running (Home, Messages, Phone, Browser, Messenger).

Also, if you have a memory card, try taking it out. If your hourglassing goes away, try moving your files off your card, format the card (Options, Media Card, Menu, Format Card. Move your files back to your card.

Its way above 10mb's. The only apps I have running constantly besides the main 5 are vibandring, facebook, and beejive (and thats not at all times).

Also, I just cleaned out the memory card. Deleted a lot of pics, vids, voice memos... it seems these problems came out of nowhere.
    10-20-09 03:41 AM
    Thefact that you just deleted a lot of files off the memory card tells me the card's filesystem is likely corrupted.

Move your files off your card, format it, then move your files back.

10-20-09 03:50 AM
    Okay I'll do that... Would that have any effects on this missing messages tho? I thought they were saved to the device, not the card
    10-20-09 04:25 AM
    TBH, I've never heared of a corrupted mem card causing message deletion, only rebooting/shutdowns/freezing/lagging/hourglassing.

10-20-09 04:49 AM
    TBH, I've never heared of a corrupted mem card causing message deletion, only rebooting/shutdowns/freezing/lagging/hourglassing.

Well I formatted my memory card and then put the files back on, the phone seems to be moving fast, but it could just be my imagination. So am I SOL with the messages??
    10-20-09 05:07 AM
    Unless you have a backup, yes. SOL.

Do daily backups till you figure out if this has solved your problem.

10-20-09 06:34 AM
    Unless you have a backup, yes. SOL.

Do daily backups till you figure out if this has solved your problem.

Ok thanks... I love my blackberry and I fine with being on sprint, but I wish all of these types of things were backed up like T-Mobile does their sidekicks so that when problems like this come a full restoration is one phone call away... if it doesn't happen on it's own.
    10-20-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD