Has anyone gotten this?

So my company just got blackberry Curves, the users sync all wireless except for calendars which they sync via usb cable. The calendars are shared with the BB user's admins and set as a 2-way sync and the conflict resolution has Lotus Notes winning over device.

The issue I'm getting is that there are events they (the admins) have deleted. After the BB is sync'd the deleted events re-appear in the Lotus Notes calendar. What I've done as a workaround is to have the BB sync again, then tell the admin to delete the events then tell the BB user to re-sync a 2nd time which does not bring back the deleted events until a few weeks later or so but different deleted events for other days.

I've also done a 1 way sync (Notes to device) and select replace all data in the target application. Hoping that will get rid of any deleted events then reset back to 2-way sync only to have the delete events re-appear later on.

Need help
    Giz
    07-29-08 06:37 PM
    more...

The BB user's admin creates, deletes, updates or moves calender events on a daily basis within Lotus Notes Cal. The BB user will then cable sync when they are back in the office. It's setup as 2-way sync. I'm assuming that with all the changes done on Lotus Notes (which is set to win over the device) will overwrite/delete the old entries that are on the BB calendar. Now any new entries that are made on the BB calendar do show up on Lotus Notes fine.

It's only when enteries the admin has deleted in Lotus Notes calendar that the BB does not remove on the BB Calendar but adds it back into the Lotus Notes calendar.
    07-31-08 04:51 PM
    Your problem sounds similar to this problem: http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/can...-method-39978/

It's not exactly the same, but maybe the ideas in it will help you find a solution.
    07-31-08 07:54 PM
    Ok I found out where these reappearing calendar events came from. The entries came from the BB's personal Lotus Notes calendar. For some reason the sync would go to the personal calendar and not the 2nd shared one. I've since cleared out the VP's calendar and monitoring should that get re-populated.
    08-26-08 11:42 AM
    That's an interesting resolution. Thank you for posting it. Is your VP using OS4.5? If any other OS version can do dual calendars, I'm unaware of it. But I've never used Lotus Notes, either.
    08-26-08 11:52 AM
    Revisiting this problem. The issue still re-occurring but not as often. So even after clearing out the VP's personal Lotus Notes Calendar and weeks of BB syncing with the 2nd shared calendar working as it should, something must disrupt the path within Desktop Manager and re-populated the personal calendar then the sync re-establishes the path to the 2nd shared calendar again. Does anyone out there know of another sync logging app? The one that is on Desktop Manager doesn't give me enough info.
    10-28-08 02:05 PM
    I am sorry that I cannot help with your issue. I will say that we use Lotus Notes at the company I work for, and the calendar is absolutely horrible (without the added complexity of a BB). Appts will disappear, or the time will not get updated, or it will not correctly handle different time zones.

I suppose that Lotus Notes has many fine qualities, but IMO the calendar function is really, really bad. There are many others at work who feel the same way.
    10-28-08 03:26 PM
    I suppose that Lotus Notes has many fine qualities, but IMO the calendar function is really, really bad. There are many others at work who feel the same way.
    I can't agree with you more rdsmith3..to make matters worst our programmers also have to customize the calendar for things that are more outlook like colors, radio buttons and check mark boxes.
    10-31-08 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD