How come some themes have a delay when you press the "sym" key?

EDIT: And in using 5+ Curves I've seen different phones just not have the "sym" key pop up right away using different themes, so don't tell me it is my phone or it is random. It is something in how they themers do their themes or something.
    04-07-09 07:45 PM
    Probably a memory thing. I have about 15mb free and mine lags for about a second but it doesn't bother me. Check your file free memory.
    04-07-09 07:48 PM
    Probably a memory thing. I have about 15mb free and mine lags for about a second but it doesn't bother me. Check your file free memory.
    Like I said, but maybe didn't explain well enough, it is a theme specific thing.

Ex: I can use theme a, have the lag, switch to theme b, lag goes away. Then switch back, lag comes back.

On my phone certain themes have the lag, certain don't. Its annoying a. looking through free themes to find ones that don't lag as well as b. being scared to buy a them in case it has the lag.
    04-07-09 08:02 PM
    Did a quick check. On Real iBerry Blocks that I normally use, it was about a 3 second delay. On the default icon theme it was about 1 second.
    04-08-09 06:34 AM
    Well stop switching themes.. and just get wallpapers.. no one is really going to have an ACTUAL answer... is it really that long of a lag that you can't wait?
    04-08-09 06:40 AM
    Well stop switching themes.. and just get wallpapers.. no one is really going to have an ACTUAL answer... is it really that long of a lag that you can't wait?
    I use the themes I like regardless of the lag, but it doesn't stop it from being annoying. And I think we live in a world where there might be more important things than 3 second lag, but also one where having an answer to it shouldn't be difficult.
    04-08-09 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD