I am running os 4.5 on my sprint phone and when I am done typing my SMS I click send. There is then about a 10 second delay before it sends but if I deleat all of my SMS and all of my emails and my call log it send right away. What is going on and how do I fix this with out deleating all my stuff
    02-06-09 11:47 AM
    Try clearing your event log. Hold down ALT and press L then G 3 times while holding the ALT key. This should bring up your event log. Once in there press options and select Clear Log.

This should help, if not do a battery pull and see if that helps.
    02-06-09 12:40 PM
    I have done both of those and it still does it
    02-06-09 12:54 PM
    I am having this issue consistently as of yesterday with my Sprint BB 8330. Every SMS that is sent to me is about 30-40 mins delayed. I called support 2 times and both times they said text messages can take that long normally due to traffic. Anyone else having issues with delayed text messages? Emails are coming in just fine.
    06-02-09 10:00 AM
    Is there a trick to bringing up the Event Log? I've tried the Alt L G thing several times and get nothing. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 01:54 PM
    It's actually hold alt and press L G L G not L then G 3 times.
    06-02-09 04:15 PM
    wow i never knew there was even such a thing as an event log. i cleared mine just cuz i have OCD an feel the need to be Mrs.Neat an Clean with my phone but what exactly is the event log and is it a bad/good thing to keep up with cleaning it?
    06-03-09 01:01 AM
    mine did the same thing, but I also had about 2500 txts in my inbox, so I deleted 1000 or so and I havent been having that problem
    06-03-09 02:07 AM
    The event log is a record of your activity and functions used regularly. This record could be used to find a bug that caused a problem. Clearing the log frees up device memory and helps your BB run faster.

06-03-09 02:20 AM
    Make sure you also delete your texts, emails, caches, etc. It helps quite alot.
    06-03-09 07:11 AM
    One other thing you might look into is the number of text messages tied to history, especially if you text the same person a lot. The more history, the slower.
    Options > SMS Text > Number of Previous Items=?? Mine is set to 7 and I have no lag problems. YMMV

06-03-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD