OOPS here I am again..my fellow crackberries..this time with a question regarding emails. I have 3 email addresses being used thru my BB. One is my main default email. I have checked everywhere I can to make sure all of the settings reflect that email as default. HOWEVER ( here it comes..) when I take a photo with my BB and try to send an email on the spot it sends from an email address that I didn't specify as default. Now that I discovered this error, and have explained to a few people what that email address is, I now know to double check and change the option BEFORE sending. But it seems I have to do this each time. I went back and triple checked the settings but it still does this. Can someone run down all of the settings that could be causing this? Or anyone have a fix?

Thanks as always.....
    09-11-09 09:53 AM
    It's a simple fix. Go into your BIS account, and put 0 in front of your default addy name, 1 for the next and so on.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 10:25 AM
    Have not heard about the 0,!,2 thing but I believe the default is the 1st one setup up in your BIS account. Delete them and install the default one first...
    09-11-09 10:42 AM
    plunkingtom, trust me on this one. I've always had my default as the first, and unless you # them, you will have problems.

09-11-09 10:49 AM
    Ok so not to sound too much like the newbie that I am,where am I putting the numbers? I see when I go to my email settings that they are listed alphabetically and even tho my settings specify the correct email..the one I don't want to use for outgoing is alphabetically first. Where should I add a number? Will that mess with receiving emails? Thanks for your patience..I am learning a lot ;>

09-11-09 11:05 AM
    I'll give you an example, the order will make no difference. For the example, Yahoo is the default.

01Gmail
    0Yahoo
    02BlackBerry
    And so on for however many accounts you have.

09-11-09 11:11 AM
    Oh, I almost forgot, while you're on your BIS site, also resend your service book. The numbers will have no effect on whether you receive mail.

09-11-09 11:16 AM
    mommading

The BIS site they are referring to is BlackBerry Internet Service just in case you were unsure.
    09-11-09 12:02 PM
    Thanks everyone...I tried the numbering trick and it seems to have worked!! Thanks. Also thanks yacoby for spelling out BIS..I did know what it was but sometimes we newbies don't speak the lingo yet..lol..so that was nice that you made sure I understood.
    Another problem solved!! :>

09-12-09 05:45 AM
    You're very welcome, and you're right. I forget sometimes that the lingo, and solution destination isn't always known. I will have to keep that fresh in my mind, and improve my advise.
    09-12-09 06:56 AM
    thanks for the info on the BIS and default email. Didn't know that! Maybe you can answer another question for me..... is there an "airplane mode" you can set for the BB 8330? I can't seem to find one at all. thanks
    09-24-09 10:10 AM
    Question guys, how did you number the email accounts? I'm in the BIS page, just don't see how to number them
    09-28-09 09:32 PM
    Question guys, how did you number the email accounts? I'm in the BIS page, just don't see how to number them
    When you press the edit key, there should be a line for what you call the account. Make the default 0 blah blah blah, then 1 blah blah blah, and so on.

09-28-09 09:37 PM
    Hi raptor..it worked for me..I started with number 1 but obviously �0� will work. I have also set my outgoing emails from my main email address to auto bcc back to me...someone suggested that I block myself from my handheld..but I just quickly delete the bcc from handheld only..I don't use outlook..I prolly should learn..LMAO

09-29-09 06:52 AM
    Hi raptor..it worked for me..I started with number 1 but obviously �0� will work. I have also set my outgoing emails from my main email address to auto bcc back to me...someone suggested that I block myself from my handheld..but I just quickly delete the bcc from handheld only..I don't use outlook..I prolly should learn..LMAO

These forums are the best of many I frequent! I was just about to start a new thread when this similar one was suggested....I wish all my forums would do that, so I wouldn't look like a perpetual noob who doesn't STFF! Now I've got to figure out how to make GMail STOP including me as a recipient on every email I send. I thought it might be the auto-bcc thing above, but it's not.
    02-24-10 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD