I have a BB 8330 and I am on the Sprint network. I am trying to change the "default browser configuration" to "Blackberry Browser". This is not a option. The only items listed under "Default browser configuration" or "Default MDS Browser configuration" is "Internet Browser".

Is there a reason why none of the other browsers are listed? Is there a trick to adding the other browsers to these lists?

John
    11-13-09 01:25 PM
    I'm not an expert on this but I think the stock browser is just that. You can download two 3rd party browsers that I am aware of. Bolt and or opera mini.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 06:43 PM
    From what I have read from another Blackberry user, they have other options in that area. It appears there are supposed to be other options because it can be selected to change, but nothing else shows up.
    11-15-09 09:03 AM
    I have a BB 8330 and I am on the Sprint network. I am trying to change the "default browser configuration" to "Blackberry Browser". This is not a option. The only items listed under "Default browser configuration" or "Default MDS Browser configuration" is "Internet Browser".

Is there a reason why none of the other browsers are listed? Is there a trick to adding the other browsers to these lists?

John

Thats the way it is, and you dont have any other browsers other than the native, you can change the emulation mode to Blackberry under the Browser, then options, browser config.
    11-15-09 09:06 AM
    Thats the way it is, and you dont have any other browsers other than the native, you can change the emulation mode to Blackberry under the Browser, then options, browser config.
    From what I have read, I do not believe this is correct. Other people have told me that going to Options > Advanced Applications > Browser, the default browser can be changed. Other people, not Sprint users, have other options there (i.e. Blackberry, Internet Browser, etc.). I have checked two different Sprint phones and both have only had the Internet Browser option.

The problem I have is that even though I have set it in the BB Browser to be Blackberry Browser, it does not appear it is taking. A site I go to that requires true BB browser with JavaScript, Tables, etc. set is not recognizing that those are enabled. Someone provided steps for going through Options > Advanced Applications > Browser and setting that to Blackberry Browser to resolve the problem. That's when I found that my only option is "Internet Browser".

My searches have found others having the same problem, but so far I have not found a solution to add BB Browser, or others into that section. It is odd that I cannot change it.
    11-16-09 08:32 AM
    From what I have read, I do not believe this is correct. Other people have told me that going to Options > Advanced Applications > Browser, the default browser can be changed. Other people, not Sprint users, have other options there (i.e. Blackberry, Internet Browser, etc.). I have checked two different Sprint phones and both have only had the Internet Browser option.

The problem I have is that even though I have set it in the BB Browser to be Blackberry Browser, it does not appear it is taking. A site I go to that requires true BB browser with JavaScript, Tables, etc. set is not recognizing that those are enabled. Someone provided steps for going through Options > Advanced Applications > Browser and setting that to Blackberry Browser to resolve the problem. That's when I found that my only option is "Internet Browser".

My searches have found others having the same problem, but so far I have not found a solution to add BB Browser, or others into that section. It is odd that I cannot change it.

"have other options there (i.e. Blackberry, Internet Browser," yes, thats in the browser configuration, not under the advanced options.

But, as i stated, you are changing the emulation mode to Blackberry. You are seeing internet browser because you have ONE native browser, then you change the emulation mode to blackberry.

Many people use a 3rd party browser such as bolt, or Opera because, pages render nicer etc, but I find the native just find, and they use a 3rd party browswer because.. there is only ONE browser..
    11-16-09 08:37 AM
    "have other options there (i.e. Blackberry, Internet Browser," yes, thats in the browser configuration, not under the advanced options.

But, as i stated, you are changing the emulation mode to Blackberry. You are seeing internet browser because you have ONE native browser, then you change the emulation mode to blackberry.

Many people use a 3rd party browser such as bolt, or Opera because, pages render nicer etc, but I find the native just find, and they use a 3rd party browswer because.. there is only ONE browser..
    I have directions with screen shots from another BB 8330 user that shows pictures of going to Options > Advanced Options > Browser and changing it to BlackBerry Browser in that area. Doing a search on the Internet and I see others that are able to do this as well. I also see a lot of people that are like me and only have Internet Browser as the only option

I have Opera installed as well as Bolt, and they do not show up in the list of Default browser configuration. I like Opera, but the web site I am trying to access does not display the mobile version unless it is with the default BB browser.
    11-16-09 08:48 AM
    They dont show up because they are 3rd party apps, you can set a 3rd party to default.
    11-16-09 08:52 AM
    And ps.. the settings i have under browser config..

the first is.. internet browser
    all check boxes are checked off
    show images in html and mwl pages
    emulation mode blackberry
    11-16-09 08:53 AM
    What options do you have listed under Options > Advanced Options > Browser > Default browser configuration and Default MDS browser configuration?

One person I have talked with via the Internet has other options there than just "Internet Browser". They have two options, "Internet Browser" and "Blackberry Browser". I only have the one option. Why? I do not care about trying to set another browser as the default, I am trying to set in this area the Blackberry browser instead of just "Internet Browser".

I have screen shots from another person that has multiple options in this area on their BB 8330.

When I try to access the following web site with my Blackberry, I am told that Javascript is not on, Tables, etc. However, when I go to Options on the BB browser, everything is turned on. That's when I received information from this other person that this has to be set in two places. Under Advanced Options > Browser and within the Browser. The problem is that under Advanced > Browser it does not have Blackberry Browser listed... only Internet Browser.

Try the following from your BB to see if it tells you that JavaScript and Tables are not turned on.

I have not posted enough posts, so it will not allow me to post the URL....

I have confirmed by going into the BB Browser and checking options that everything is enabled, but it will not work. It says that those options need to be enabled... when they are enabled. This is what prompted me to start looking at the Options > Advanced Options > Browser settings that someone else had detailed steps stating that needed to be changed to BlackBerry Browser. Mine does not have that setting.
    11-16-09 09:11 AM
    Are the people who have this option on BES. From help I find the following:
    If your BlackBerry device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server that supports the BlackBerry Browser, you can use the BlackBerry Browser configuration to browse the Internet and your organization's intranet. If you use the BlackBerry Browser configuration, you might not be able to change some browser options.
    The way I read that is in order to have an option to configure the 'blackberry internet browser' as opposed to just 'internet browser' you have to be on a BES acct. Maybe wrong about that but that's my interpretation. If th people who are telling you to do this are on BES that may be why they have that option and you do not.
    11-16-09 12:15 PM
    Maybe wrong about that but that's my interpretation. If th people who are telling you to do this are on BES that may be why they have that option and you do not.
    Thanks! I am not sure, but I will check with them. I am not on a BES.
    11-16-09 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD