I did some searching, and never found my answer to this question.

I don't want to have a scroll bar on my application/icon screen. What is the maximum number of applications that one can have installed on a BlackBerry Curve 8330 without a scroll bar? Also, how many applications come preinstalled? And what are they?
    12-17-08 07:02 PM
    I have compressed mine, I have those what i use frequently displayed, the 4 on my home screen, and 3 others, then I have two folders, one for apps, one for Misc, (icons I use maybe once a week) takes up two rows, no scrolling.
    12-17-08 07:03 PM
    I have never heard a question like this. What do you mean about the scroll bar?
    12-17-08 07:04 PM
    SD, display ALL of your apps, you will have to scroll thru em, from top to bottom, say you scroll to the bottom, the top you cant see.. see what I mean?

I *think* thats what he means,
    12-17-08 07:06 PM
    SD, display ALL of your apps, you will have to scroll thru em, from top to bottom, say you scroll to the bottom, the top you cant see.. see what I mean?

I *think* thats what he means,
    Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry if that was unclear.

And thanks for the help! I haven't gotten my BlackBerry yet, but once I get a job next semester, I'm planning on canceling my current contract and getting one from Wirefly.
    12-17-08 07:09 PM
    Yep, that's what I meant. Sorry if that was unclear.

And thanks for the help! I haven't gotten my BlackBerry yet, but once I get a job next semester, I'm planning on canceling my current contract and getting one from Wirefly.
    Get ready for the addiction.. I've had mine for just over a week and i cant let it out of my site.

And great idea on folders, i would have never thought of that for some reason LOL.
    12-17-08 07:13 PM
    Keep on scrollin' baby...
    12-17-08 07:16 PM
    Get ready for the addiction.. I've had mine for just over a week and i cant let it out of my site.

And great idea on folders, i would have never thought of that for some reason LOL.
    I'm already addicted--I guess I forgot to mention I don't actually need a job...I have a free ride to college due to all my financial aid, and I get $280 a month in what used to be child support money that my mom used to pay my dad.

So, basically, I'm getting a job specifically to get a BlackBerry!

Shrekfx: So far I'm thinking I'll make a 'games' and 'utilities' folder (for things like BBAlerts).

SD: Just how many apps do you have?
    12-17-08 07:24 PM
    I have 42 icons on my menu screen, not my main screen...
    12-17-08 07:26 PM
    Ah, so your BlackBerry figured out the meaning to Life, The Universe, and Everything!
    12-17-08 07:27 PM
    Im so retentive I cant have them all showing LOL Hidden the ones I never use, and the *if I need them* ones are in folders.
    12-17-08 07:29 PM
    Nah, i just figured out how these things like to work you could say, i like to experiment....
    12-17-08 07:29 PM
    Im so retentive I cant have them all showing LOL Hidden the ones I never use, and the *if I need them* ones are in folders.
    Rach, i wouldn't expect any less from ya...
    12-17-08 07:30 PM
    LOL of course, you know how I operate
    12-17-08 07:31 PM
    You can hide applications?
    12-17-08 07:41 PM
    Yes, scroll to the icon, or App, menu key, hide.
    12-17-08 07:42 PM
    Yes, scroll to the icon, or App, menu key, hide.
    That's pretty handy! Thanks!

But what if you want to see them again?
    12-17-08 07:57 PM
    Hit menu, show all...
    12-17-08 08:00 PM
    Hit menu, show all...
    Wow, couldn't of been easier, eh? I really need to get a job so I can get a hold of my Curve.
    12-17-08 08:00 PM
    Hope ya get it, you know where to come when you do...
    12-17-08 08:04 PM
    The file free is also your free memory too right?
    12-17-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD