I bought two blackberries off of this guy on Craigslist I got them for $200.00 which I thought it is a good deal, the phones do work no scratches or nothing they are locked to At&t...my question is did I got a good deal? I mean was it safe to spend that money on those two phones? someone told me that he can call to At&t and report them as stolen and the phones wont work anymore is it true??.....................thanks for reading my post
    05-13-09 12:25 PM
    If you are at all suspicious of their origin, don't do the deal.

If the phones are stolen, they will be reported to the carrier and PIN locked, making them useless.

If the seller is ligitamate, they will have released the PIN and you can activate them as expected.

05-13-09 12:48 PM
    If you are at all suspicious of their origin, don't do the deal.

If the phones are stolen, they will be reported to the carrier and PIN locked, making them useless.

If the seller is ligitamate, they will have released the PIN and you can activate them as expected.

so far no problems I asked the guy how he got them and he said that he was with At&t and his contract was up, that is why he sold them...I am still a bit nervous about it, I will continue to use them for a week hopefully nothing goes wrong.
    05-13-09 11:10 PM
    sounds like you are probably ok...not everyone on craigslist is a thief...
    05-14-09 09:16 AM
    I will continue to use them for a week hopefully nothing goes wrong.
    That is encouraging, if you were able to activate them, the PIN number has already been released, your Golden.
    05-14-09 10:20 AM
    I wouldnt do the deal if I hade to ask these type of questions.
    05-14-09 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD