Hi All,

I'm wondering if I'm hosed, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. I got caught in the rain with my phone in my pocket, everything looked fine. Got home, and the screen was dark. No button pushes would change anything.

I pulled the battery, on reboot, the screen would flash for a fraction of a second and then go away.

Left the phone on the charger overnight, woke up the next morning, phone is up and running again. No problems. An hour later, the screen dies, same issue. Even odder (?) thing is that I'm still getting alerts for emails and texts, LED still works, just no screen or keyboard access.

The next day it was up again and I watched it go. Worked fine, then started spazing out, finally went out and didn't come back.

Sorry for the length, big question, is there something I can replace to make it work again (aside from the whole phone)?

Thanks all
    -- Steve
    11-04-09 01:18 PM
    Sounds like it may have given up the ghost.
    Best thing to do if it gets wet it so remove the battery right away.
    Place the entire phone in a zip lock bag filled with rice for a day or so and then keep your fingers crossed.
    Good Luck!
    11-04-09 01:24 PM
    Someone posted taken the device apart and cleaning under the keypad with rubbing alcohol and that brought it back to life
    11-04-09 01:41 PM
    I'm guessing I'm too late for the rice considering this happened last friday. I'll give the rubbing alcohol a shot, can't hurt. Any other ideas?
    11-04-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD