I need some help. Just bought the 8330 and cannot transfer my data from my Treo 650. BB Desktop is installed. No problem there. Hooked up the 8330 and my Treo via USB. No problem. System must 'see' both devices or I assume the transfer would not even start.

I start the Switch Device Wizard and it transfers my calendar up to a point. Dialog box shows that it is 'Exporting records from Palm Desktop' so that is working. It also shows the progress of the transfer; there are 5,027 records. The transfer works well until it hangs up and stops responding at record 4,737. Both BB AND Palm desktops stop responding and I have to close them in Task Manager.

Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a record limit that I am exceeding?

Haven't gotten to the point of transferring Contacts, Memo Pad or To Do List so I have not idea if I am going to have the same problems. Are there limits to the amount of data I can transfer or is there another way to do this. I have read posts from others using Outlook to move data, but I don't use Outlook and have no idea how to move/export files in the proper formats to enable BB to import/transfer my data.

Help.
    02-07-09 06:40 PM
    Did you figure out how to work around this problem?
    04-28-09 05:20 PM
    When I made the switch a year ago I had to manually export contacts from Palm and import to another contact manager like outlook or entourage.
    04-28-09 09:07 PM
    I'm having the same problems too. Both programs stop responding and i have to end them both thru task manager. Has anyone figured out what the problem is?
    05-18-09 01:31 AM
    When I upgraded from treo 650 to my bb, I synce it with outlook. And it transfered all my contacts and calendars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 06:29 AM
    I connect my palm centro and bb but after I click next the options to highlight a circle is unavailable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD