Hi,
    I recently loaned my blackberry 8320 to someone for a day but now I 'm facing the following problems :

-Many of my old emails in my Inbox no longer remain saved after an hour or so.

-My emails received on current day are getting deleted on a regular basis. I receive on an average 50 emails every day . Out of which only 5 or so remain by the end of the day.

-As soon as I send an sms message, it gets deleted. Received sms messages also dont get saved.

-The numbers I dial used to get saved . That has also stopped.

It looks like that some 'settings' have been changed .
    How do I bring my device to 'default settings'.
    Any other suggestions are also welcome.

Thanks in anticipation.
    11-06-09 09:47 PM
    On doing some research, I believe that the reset can be done through 'wipe handheld' but I will end up losing my old data. Is there any other way of solving my problem without losing my data?
    11-06-09 10:40 PM
    do the wipe handheld
    11-06-09 10:41 PM
    Don't wipe it just yet.

FIrst check your File Free. If it's less than 12 000 000, you will experience data loss. Do a battery pull and then check your File Free again.

If you are consistently having memory options, search the forums for the memory optimization tips.

Also go into your message options and check to see what the setting is for how long to save messages. Perhaps this setting got changed.
    11-07-09 06:44 AM
    Perhaps there are also some programs being run that shouldn't be as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 06:47 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I changed some email and call settings and finally managed to view all my emails and also the dialled calls.
    However, sms messages are still a problem. Within a minute of receiving or sending a message, I cant see any sms message. Eg- I sent an sms to my blackberry using my friend's mobile phone just as a test. I could see the message but it 'disappeared' after a couple of minutes. So I dont see any unread sms if I dont view it immediately. I'm afraid that I might be missing to read manys sms messages due to this.
    Could anyone guide me where to change the 'sms' settings please? Is there an option to control the 'number of days/months' the sms messsages would be retained/saved?

11-07-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD