I guess i just dont understand how this works. If I hit Menu then I hit it again and it has an option to Add Folder. I can name it anything I want and even chose the Icon. Very nice. How do you get anything in it? My goal was to store emails in there similar to personal folders on outlook, but I cant get them there and cant seem to sync anything but Calendar, Inbox, Tasks, Notes from my PC. Nothing else will "map." I have read a few threads where storing emails especially on a card is not possible? So,what is the function of these added folders? And is it true that outside of your inbox and sent box the only place to store emails is in Saved Messages and that eats up device memory? Thanks.
    06-17-09 01:13 PM
    The function of the folders is to keep your icons organized.

If you want to clean up your applications screen you can create folders and put icons in them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 01:22 PM
    There is an app called BBNotePad that will save memos to your media card.

You could copy and paste the email text to BBNotePad and then save the memo to your media card.

06-17-09 01:26 PM
    I just thought of something, I know it's going to sound like a lot of work but you can use ActionPad too.

ActionPad can be integrated to the BB menu and when viewing an email simply press menu and select Send to ActionPad and it will send the email to the ActionPad as a memo which will also be stored in your native BB MemoPad which need to keep in order to use ActionPad. When ActionPad stores it, it will auto save the email subject as the memo title and email body will have any hyperlinks that were in the email. It's a pretty sweet app and it's free. It just got launched on App World today but I've been beta testing it for a couple months.

So you could use ActionPad to save the email to the MemoPad then import the memo to BBNotePad then save it to your media card.

Or you can copy and paste the email body to BBNotePad and save it to your media card.

BTW, both apps are free

BBNotePad

You'll have to get ActionPad from App World because the only link I have is the one the developer gave me for beta testing.

Last edited by blackngray70; 06-17-09 at 02:09 PM.
    06-17-09 01:45 PM
    Thank you very much. That is great info. I certainly like the "free" aspect of any endeavor. I really appreciate how much time you spent with me on this.
    06-17-09 03:37 PM
    Lol, free is good

You're welcome

06-17-09 04:05 PM
    The other great thing about BBNotePad, in addition to it being able to save to your memory card, is that it can save memos in .txt format. That way you can save/view the files on your computer on any word processing app like Word/Notepad.
    06-17-09 04:15 PM
    I went out to App World for ActionPad and it is called ActionPad Beta and as you said it is free. Is this the one to download or is a non-beta about to be posted?
    06-17-09 04:31 PM
    I went out to App World for ActionPad and it is called ActionPad Beta and as you said it is free. Is this the one to download or is a non-beta about to be posted?
    BnG mentioned in his post that the app was a beta.
    06-17-09 04:32 PM
    The only on they have is the beta, download that one.

If you read the details it explains why it's being called beta.

06-17-09 04:34 PM
    I think the main reason that it's still beta is because you have to have the native BB memopad installed.

06-17-09 04:38 PM
    Thanks. I really like the idea of this approach. I read it and Beta doenst bother me, I just wanted to be sure I was following you correctly.

Appreciate it.
    06-17-09 04:39 PM
    When I go to Messages and highlight an email and then open the Menu and select Send to Action Pad I get a box that pops up saying "Uncaught exception: java.lan.NullPointer Exception." I click ok on that box and it goes away with nothing posted to Action Pad. Any ideas?
    06-18-09 11:08 AM
    When I go to Messages and highlight an email and then open the Menu and select Send to Action Pad I get a box that pops up saying "Uncaught exception: java.lan.NullPointer Exception." I click ok on that box and it goes away with nothing posted to Action Pad. Any ideas?
    Try a battery pull and if that don't work delete ActionPad and reinstall it.
    06-18-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD