I have an issue with my blackberry. The USB port is loose which makes charging an issue and data backup to my PC nearly impossible. Is it possible to backup my data to my 4GB micro SD card? I have a 8330 Curve from Bell running v4.5.0.127.

I'm planning to take my phone back to where I got it today to get it repaired, however Bell no longer provides OTC service with BlackBerrys so I need to send it away for 2 weeks. I'd prefer to not lose my data if my original device doesn't come back or go without data for the 2 weeks my phone is away.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by magh-87; 11-09-09 at 05:48 PM.
    11-09-09 11:20 AM
    Nope. You can't backup the data to the Media Card, currently.

You can try to establish a Bluetooth connection between the device and the computer. You may need to get a Bluetooth adapter for the computer if it doesn't have one.
    11-09-09 11:22 AM
    What about bluetooth in regards of device to device? Would that transfer over all of my messages, contacts, calender events etc? Obviously applications won't be transferred but I have backups of those from two weeks ago on my computer.
    11-09-09 11:25 AM
    Google sync I believe will do everything except your messages.. calendar , contacts.
    11-09-09 11:30 AM
    Google sync I believe will do everything except your messages.. calendar , contacts.
    No harm in trying, if it doesn't work there are hopefully other methods.
    11-09-09 11:34 AM
    My post should read it should do calendar and contacts I don't know if it does messages or not. I do not use it..
    11-09-09 11:36 AM
    Apparently it doesn't do messages however anything crucial can always be emailed to one of my addresses.

Thanks for the support guys.
    11-09-09 11:38 AM
    Well I managed to get one backup from my phone (which took forever to get the computer to see the device) so I'm using a temporary phone until I get mine back from repairs.

Thanks for all the help!
    11-09-09 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD