I have been bragging it up this week saying how much i LOVE Blackberry, Well tonight after only 2 months my 4 button stopped working?? I just finished the insurance claim...My phone has been taken care of and does not have as much as a finger print on it.......I am assuming that the phone they send me will be refurbished???? They will not send me a phone that looks like it went thru a war will they????
    06-14-09 10:07 PM
    Why file an insurance claim for a hardware issue? It should've been taken back as a warranty exchange handled through your carrier because your BB was less than 12 mos. old. No deductible involved.
    06-14-09 10:09 PM
    And for the record yes it will more than likely be a refurb as a replacment...
    06-14-09 10:13 PM
    Refurbed BBs should look brand new. The housing should be changed out to a new one.
    06-14-09 10:16 PM
    Why file an insurance claim for a hardware issue? It should've been taken back as a warranty exchange handled through your carrier because your BB was less than 12 mos. old. No deductible involved.

I did the claim on line and it said at the end that $0 amount due???
    06-14-09 10:21 PM
    I did the claim on line and it said at the end that $0 amount due???
    Was this through Sprint's website? If it was, hopefully they know your phone is still under warranty, and are processing it as such.
    06-14-09 10:24 PM
    No it was on the insurance companies site....Asurion or something like that...
    06-14-09 10:25 PM
    Ok just contacted Sprint and they are gonna send me a replacement now i have to cancel the claim thru the insurance company b4 they send out a phone.....They are closed right now
    06-14-09 10:57 PM
    With anything that happens with the phone and still under warranty, always call the carrier first so they can put it in your file with them so should something happen down the road because of it, you can prove they already knew about it
    06-14-09 11:55 PM
    Just to add, unless you actually damaged it in way that is "beyond normal use" (ie water)I'd always go to Sprint with it first. Save those insurance claims, as you are only entitled to 3 claims in a 12 month span.
    06-15-09 01:31 AM
    i went through 5 curves til i got one that worked flawlessly, it happens
    06-15-09 02:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD