Just a rant...

I was sitting in a meeting last night when my BB started vibrating. I checked my messages, and there's a new message from someone sitting 3 feet away from me. He's an older guy, and doesn't have any type of portable messaging device. So I put the BB away and it started buzzing again. Checked it and had 3 new messages. Then all **** broke loose. The BB went nuts for the next 40 minutes with new messages to my Comcast mailbox.

Seems Comcast decided to switch me over to their new "SmartZone Communications Center" last night and every message in my mailbox got sent to my BB! Ugh, what a mess!
    01-23-09 08:53 AM
    lol, it did that to me the other day. Of course, it started with emails back from September (including some from a would-prefer-not-to-remember guy from my past). That gave me a bit of a shock until I realized the emails were at least old. PHEW!
    01-23-09 08:58 AM
    Go it as well on my BB and in Outlook Express. My BB plays a tone every time I get an email. Fortunately it happened overnight, and my BB was in our office behind closed doors.
    01-23-09 09:19 AM
    Last week I got home from work and I had 199 new e-mails on my BB from my Comcast account. Later that night it started all over again and every e-mail that was still on the server got sent to my BB all in a steady flow. I made sure that I deleted all the re-sends so it didn't kill my memory.

I am just glad to find out that it wasn't my account that went Ape S*%t. Thanks for the post about this.
    01-23-09 10:07 AM
    No, you're definately not the only one, and I'm sure there will be a lot more. I removed the Comcast account and wiped the phone to get rid of the garbage. Haven't decided yet if I'll put it back or not.
    01-23-09 10:18 AM
    That is screwed up guys. What a mess.
    01-23-09 10:22 AM
    Yeah...I use Comcast too but do not use a Comcast email address. I will probably switch providers one day (the sooner, the better) and it's a whole lot easier to switch when your provider is not the supplier of your address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD