so i have a blackberry curve 8320.

well today i had washed my face and knocked my curve into the toilette. well i rushed to pick it up and i took the battery out and everything. i know it still works except for the trackball is now weird. when i click down on the track ball i have to click really hard for it to go into an application. the rest of the key board works. so right now its in some rice hopefully getting out as much moisture as i can.

the battery has the water damage strip and its red now but thats the only strip i see inside the phone.

so i was thinking is it possible to get another battery and then claim the BB curve as defective and try to get a replacement?
    07-21-08 08:07 PM
    No, there are several detectors within your phone.
    Your carrier WILL know it is water damaged
    07-21-08 08:10 PM
    Sorry to hear about your berry. You know what they say you can lead a berry to the toilet but you cant make me flush. LOL
    07-21-08 08:16 PM
    Yes Graceless is right!! All Bb battery has does red little xxxx. But by your sim their is a lil box it suppose to be white.. Good luck!!
    07-21-08 08:18 PM
    Where on the battery is a water damage strip? My battery has red XXXX on it on the bottom. It has never been near any water!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 08:18 PM
    Where on the battery is a water damage strip? My battery has red XXXX on it on the bottom. It has never been near any water!

All BB batterys have those lil xxxx. Your OK!!
    07-21-08 08:19 PM
    Not to mention that even if you could get away with it.............

It is insurance fraud and a criminal offense.
    07-21-08 08:20 PM

The red X's bleed when they have water damage
    07-21-08 08:23 PM
    Its not worth it. Just buy a new one. Check Ebay and CL
    07-21-08 08:29 PM
    ill check it out tomorrow because there wasn't a load of water inside the phone though. so it may have missed the strip, who knows. iv had it for about a month so its a shame to see $159 go down the toilette, literally.

i checked by the sim card and the rest of the phone earlier today for the water strip thing and i didnt find any.
    Last edited by Nikebauer; 07-21-08 at 08:38 PM.
    07-21-08 08:35 PM
    WOW!!! That bites. My wife put a LG phone thru the Laundry once. Totally killed it. Fortunately my Verizon nsurance covers a wide variety of stupidities. BYW, they have a trackball replacements on eBay with tools for pretty decent price. Replacing the battery is a must. They have those on eBay pretty cheap as well.
    07-21-08 08:40 PM
    Look directly above and to the right of where you battery sits,
    there should be a little square, which if white means no water damage. If pink or red. water damge. There is also at least one
    embedded within the phone itself.
    07-21-08 08:42 PM
    would the water be the reason the trackball is all weird. if i took the track ball out and let that part dry would it perhaps work good as new?

being that the rest of the phone works i really dont think that the battery is dead.
    07-21-08 08:46 PM
    throw it in a bag of rice. I know it sounds crazy but there is a thread on here about someone doing that. I guess it sucks all the water out of your phone?
    07-21-08 09:03 PM
    Also you should not have tested the keyboard and track ball, way to early to be testing that stuff out........!!!
    07-21-08 09:05 PM
    Insurance is a beautiful thing...When I had my other phone with ATT and It got water damaged...all I did was call in stated my claim...and they replaced it....I didn't think water damage was covered but it is I guess...I'm not sure about Berries...and I had insurance with T Mobile but never had to use it....my best guess is to call in if you have insurance and ask them if they can send you a new one....
    07-21-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD