I just picked up the charging pod for my 8330 and plan to use it at night so I can see the phone when it rings or a message comes in etc while i'm sleeping, but is it going to hurt to leave it charging every night, instead of letting the battery drain way down before charging it? I been waiting a day or two between charges (depending on usage).

So, will the battery life get messed up charging every night?
    11-19-08 03:46 PM
    There is no problem charging every night. I charge every night, when I'm at my PC, in the car - whenever. Frequent topping off is better than draining completely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 03:54 PM
    good to know!. Thanks. I used to charge my previous phone everynight and the battery stopped holding a charge for more than like 6-8 hours after about 6 months.
    11-19-08 03:58 PM
    Lithium batterries aren't affected by charging too often. In fact they like trickle charging like topping off, like mentioned above.

11-19-08 04:03 PM
    I've always wondered the same thing. Good to know I can keep my BB charged with out damaging it.

11-19-08 04:32 PM
    The link below is from Battery University, It may contain more info. than most normal people care to absorb.

Read the first two paragraphs, you will find it echos what Chaz and Master have replied.

Battery Univ.com
    11-19-08 04:33 PM
    I knew topping off and charging every night was good for my Treo, but wasn't sure about the curve. Good to know. Thanks

11-19-08 04:41 PM
    wow, that's great to know...
    11-19-08 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD