I need help. I am trying to set up custom notifications for messages from a specific contact. I have done what the owners manual tells me to and I am able to set up the new exception but I am not able to get it to take effect. What am I not doing right?
    01-30-09 01:54 PM
    The way I do it is:
    Address Book > Open Contact > Edit Contact > Add Custom Ring Tone.

No problems here. If you've done that with no joy, you might try a battery pull, which often resolves issues that are otherwise inexplicable. Remove battery with the phone on, wait about 30 seconds, and replace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 02:23 PM
    I need help. I am trying to set up custom notifications for messages from a specific contact. I have done what the owners manual tells me to and I am able to set up the new exception but I am not able to get it to take effect. What am I not doing right?
    I dont think you can do that, you can set a specific tone etc for messages but I dont think you can do that for a message just from one contact. the rigintone can be set for each contact but the messages on mine all use the tone I set for messages, for all my contacts. I could be wrong though..

Julian
    01-30-09 03:11 PM
    Similar discussion going on right here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/nee...ofiles-120771/ with what might be the solution you're looking for.
    01-30-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD