Does anyone know of an app that you can download to set a specific tone when you recieve an SMS text from a particular contact. This is capable on the storm, but not on the 8330 or 8130

Thanks
    04-04-09 02:32 PM
    head on over to the form storums they can point you in the right direction..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/
    04-04-09 03:06 PM
    make a ring profile and name it with the contacts name. Set up an exception (just go to contact edit and give them a rt) then in the exception u have to go to advanced in profilles asign that exception the profile you created

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:27 PM
    Yeah, it's called a "Blackberry Operating System"

You can already do that! Do a search for "setting contacts ringtones" or something similar. You'll get a ton of hits.
    04-04-09 04:37 PM
    I asked the same question when I first got to crackberry. I didn't post it. Just asked myself and 1 day later, saw a post just like this to answer my question.

04-04-09 04:40 PM
    Yeah, it's called a "Blackberry Operating System"

You can already do that! Do a search for "setting contacts ringtones" or something similar. You'll get a ton of hits.
    the OP wanted to know how to set for SMS/TEXT not for ringtones. This is not built in. I too am wondering how to do this. the work around method is okay, but if you have a lot of contacts you wanted custom, this can be a pain to set up a bunch of profiles and exceptions. If only there was a simple to use app or a simple method like the native ability to add custom ringtones.
    04-12-09 04:30 PM
    04-12-09 06:20 PM
    Okay so I followed the instructions but my SMS messages are still all the same even the people I set exceptions for, am I missing something?

04-13-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD