Thread necromancy really needs to stop around here. Especially in this case where it was only revived to plug vzwnav.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 12:49 AM
    And that was posted 7 months ago. It was still crippled.
    I never said it wasn't. Maybe my wording could have been better but it was intended for anyone reading the the old thread that was recently revived (by The.Godfather, not by me) to make sure they knew that this was no longer the case.
    01-18-09 01:38 AM
    I've got a Verizon 8330 and would love to use a golf GPS rangefinding program like Greenfinders. Is there a fix to this "crippled GPS" business. Does paying $10/month for VZNavigator unlock the GPS to 3rd party apps?
    01-19-09 01:30 AM
    I've got a Verizon 8330 and would love to use a golf GPS rangefinding program like Greenfinders. Is there a fix to this "crippled GPS" business. Does paying $10/month for VZNavigator unlock the GPS to 3rd party apps?
    Paying for VZNav does not unlock anything.

Right now any app that access the device's on board GPS chip will work just fine with current service books. The problem is apps that require aGPS (using the network to speed up GPS location). Apps that absolutely need aGPS will not work at all period and there is no way around it.
    01-19-09 02:43 AM
    8300- GSM Handset (ie. works on Tmobile and ATT

8310- GSM Handset w/ GPS ( Sold by att but if unlocked will work with any GSM carrier)

8320- GSM Handset w/ wifi ( ( Sold by TMO but if unlocked will work with any GSM carrier)

8330- CDMA Handset w/ crippled GPS (Sold by VZW/Sprint/Alltell)

Video recording will work on all the above once the new OS 4.5 is released.

I have an 8330 through Verizon and my GPS works perfectly... It makes driving to new places soooo much easier
    01-19-09 10:53 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD