I just upgraded my T-Mobile 8320 to 4.5.0.81. The feature list says that it supports YouTube, but when I try to play a video on YouTube, it says that either I don't have Java enabled or I need a new version of FlashPlayer. So what do I need to do to get it to work?

Is there any other kind of streaming available, like maybe some audio streaming, that works with my 8320? YouTube is fun when you have time to kill, but streaming music would be nice for the office.

BTW, the video camera works great. And I love the new look of emails.
    01-17-09 12:48 PM
    Try youtube's mobile website.

m.youtube.com
    01-17-09 12:52 PM
    I know this doesnt help and I'm sorry but I also have a complaint about YouTube..

I was using a 4.5 OS from the UK on my Tmo 8320 Curve and everything was working perfectly. When TMobile (US) finally released the OS 4.5 over here I upgraded since it was a little higher. And now when I visit youtube all the videos don't play sound. It was working fine before with the previous 4.5 OS. Anyone else having this issue?
    01-17-09 12:53 PM
    I'm running 4.5.0.81 on my TMO 8320 as well. YouTube hasn't worked once for me. I'll go to the mobile site and click on the vid I want to play. It will open in media player but all it ever does is "load." The screen will be black and in green in the right hand corner it will say loading. However that's all it does.

I have my APN configured to TMOs settings and it still doesn't work. I would love to know what I'm doing wrong.
    01-17-09 12:57 PM
    Also, as far as streaming music, Im 80% sure Slacker works on 8320's with 4.5. But dont quote me on that.
    01-17-09 12:57 PM
    Also, as far as streaming music, Im 80% sure Slacker works on 8320's with 4.5. But dont quote me on that.
    Yes it does. I have Slacker on mine and it has worked great. No problems.
    01-17-09 12:59 PM
    Try youtube's mobile website.

m.youtube.com
    That works differently from the main site, but it doesn't work. When I click on a "play video" link, I get the media player with a "loading..." message, and then after a few seconds, I get a message that says "Can not find web address. Verify that this web address is valid."
    01-17-09 01:04 PM
    I just upgraded my T-Mobile 8320 to 4.5.0.81. The feature list says that it supports YouTube, but when I try to play a video on YouTube, it says that either I don't have Java enabled or I need a new version of FlashPlayer. So what do I need to do to get it to work?

Is there any other kind of streaming available, like maybe some audio streaming, that works with my 8320? YouTube is fun when you have time to kill, but streaming music would be nice for the office.

BTW, the video camera works great. And I love the new look of emails.
    I sometimes have problems with viewing youtube videos as well. From what I understand from other posts, so videos will play while other's don't. Sometimes I get the error " Error downloading," unsupported format" or something like that. You might try checking some different videos and see if some will play. I asked others about flash player and sounds like BB doesn't have one, so the youtube experience is sometimes hit or miss.

One other site I have had some luck viewing videos on is VuClip.
    01-17-09 01:26 PM
    Well, I can't get any videos to work on YouTube. I tried a bunch of them. Slacker works great. Thanks. VuClip said it couldn't stream the videos. It would only let me download them.

BTW, I have a wireless 802.11g network connected to ADSL with 3 megabits downstream, but since I installed this version, the main screen says EDGE instead of UMA. But if I go to the Wi-Fi setup screen, it says it's connected to my network. I'm not sure it's using my network.
    01-18-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD