I never owned a Blackberry till I got the Storm, I cant say that I am that happy with it. I don't want any of the multi media functions. I don't care about the camera. I am just looking for email and sms. I am now on my 4th Storm in 30 days and I got an offer to take it back and get something else. After having the so called best out there will I be disappointed if I get the Curve 8330???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 12:14 PM
    If you are not happy with the storm, then taking it back for the curve may be your best mood. i love my curve, it works great, keyboard is physical and not the on screen one, the features of the phone are amazing, and it works great for me.

thats my $.02
    01-23-09 12:19 PM
    No. You will be pleased to find out you get the same functionality (they just slapped this OS on to the Storm anyway) without the crashing or battery pulls. You also won't have any screen clicking issues or dust getting under your screen. It also has a track ball which is better than any click screen!

I was a Storm owner, then switched to the Curve. It's simply an amazing phone.
    01-23-09 12:19 PM
    It's all form factor... it's what you're comfortable with. I never liked the touchscreen on my Treo, but seemed to miss it when I first got my curve. Didn't know how much I relied on it. But you get used to just about every type of phone you have. It's just what you want. People can post hundreds of posts and go back and forth about this and that (and I love reading them - wonderful information!), but what it boils down to is if it will work for you. I love my curve but was hooking up a friends storm to his cpu yesterday and was amazed by the bright shinny lights... it was very sparkly (like a holiday...). Anyhow, go to the store and play with all the phones, read and talk to others and decide what you want.

bigric
    01-23-09 12:25 PM
    I had the a curve first. Went from my curve to the storm. Stayed with the storm for three days and traded it in for a new curve.. With no regrets what-so-ever!!

01-23-09 12:28 PM
    Curve is a great phone. Based on your criteria, you will like the curve.

01-23-09 12:34 PM
    mods, there is 3 open of the same post. please delete 2 of them.

there is the one in this forum, one in the storm forum and then the blackberry discussion forum...
    01-23-09 12:49 PM
    you'll definitely not be disappointed with a curve. with all the problems I've heard about the storm, I'd recommend getting a reliable device, and the curve is it.
    01-23-09 12:51 PM
    i dont have a storm but i have played around with it and based on what i have read it seems as if it has the same problem as the sprint instinct- the software not being up to date with the hardware..... if you like your phone stick with it your service provider will fix these problems with updates to the os in due time just as the Instinct
    01-23-09 12:54 PM
    01-23-09 12:57 PM
    You really have to be a hater not to love a curve. But go in the store and handle it a bit and see if its comfy for you.

01-23-09 12:59 PM
    Get the new 8900 Curve.....better than the old Curve IMHO....plus its sexy as H E L L ! lol
    Last edited by STYLN; 01-23-09 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Whats wrong with h e l l in this context?
    01-23-09 01:02 PM
    Yea, the Storm is not that interesting to me, its a fantastic device but its all about preference. I simply prefer my Curve 8330. It does exactly what I need it to do. But as others have mentioned, you might want to go with the 8900. But if your worried about the price, the 8330 will definitely do you some good.
    01-23-09 01:09 PM
    "mods, there is 3 open of the same post. please delete 2 of them.

there is the one in this forum, one in the storm forum and then the blackberry discussion forum..."

The op asked the mods 2 remove 2 of the other threads....probably just hedging his bets on which forum wld get the most replies. This one wins, so del the other 2!
    01-23-09 01:10 PM
    Had the 9530/Storm for 2 weeks and went back to Verizon for the 8330/Curve. The Storm is just not as durable as the Curve. But I Satisfied my curiosity with the Storm and I'm glad I'm back with my trusted Curve.

Will Verizon offer the Curve 8900 this year???
    01-24-09 09:32 AM
    coming fromm a verizon wireless manager he said the curve is the best of the blackberrys.. i always wanted the touch screen but if there that many probs i am happy..
    i am in love with the curve
    i would get the curve.. i was gunna get the pearl but they insisted on the curve.. i love it..
    I never owned a Blackberry till I got the Storm, I cant say that I am that happy with it. I don't want any of the multi media functions. I don't care about the camera. I am just looking for email and sms. I am now on my 4th Storm in 30 days and I got an offer to take it back and get something else. After having the so called best out there will I be disappointed if I get the Curve 8330???

01-24-09 02:44 PM
    I will say Curve but this should be closed as other users have stated that we already have two other threads just like this.
    01-24-09 02:47 PM
    Get the Curve...this was my first bb and I really love it..I use it only for email, sms, and bbm and it is great.
    01-24-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD