Am I switching? Oh **** YES. There are very few things I don't like about my Curve, no 3G or wi-fi is one of them. Crappy browswer and only being on BIS the other two. Bold fixes two out of three immediately plus a bigger, better display and external memory slot and faster processor (the Curve can be a little sluggish in responding IMHO). I'm going to look at the 3G iPhone and HTC Touch Dual when but they're going to have to be spectacular to get me away from a BB.
    05-20-08 09:12 AM
    I care less about what my phone looks like and more about what it can do. I also have yet to meet a BlackBerry that wasn't teh sexay!

Well, ok, the 7100 series was a tad unsightly, but I kind of consider that the "Highlander II" of the BlackBerry lineup. In my mind, it never happened.
    05-20-08 09:39 AM
    without a question. i loved my curve, great step up from the 8830 but the BOLD will soon replace it.
    05-20-08 10:41 AM
    Um.. the day minute it's in our storage room I'll have it.
    05-20-08 10:44 AM
    I'll be switching, not anytime soon though. The curve is more than enough for me. Maybe in a year or so. Who knows...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 12:02 PM
    I'm considering my new 8330 as a trainer for the BB world. I am getting use how to shape this device into something really cool and useful. So when the Bold comes out and the conditions are right I'll have no problem switching over.

I love this Curve, but I could use a little more real-estate on my keyboard. I have to admit, I am more use to the small size of the keys though now than I was on Day 1.
    05-20-08 12:09 PM
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelll Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwl. The Bold is UGLY and the keys are placed too close together. I love my curve 8310....I'm getting my curve 8330 tomorrow and getting rid of the old one though
    05-20-08 01:16 PM
    nope...maybe in 2 years . However by that time there will be something else i will want.
    05-20-08 01:20 PM
    But I am with Verizon and I just got my Curve coming from a Pearl. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Curve, can't imagine anything better.
    05-20-08 01:51 PM
    Yes, I just got my Curve 8330 last week from Verizon but like the Bold looks much better. Hopefully, Verizon will take a while to release the BOLD as I would't be able to resist and it would be wastful to use the Curve for only a few months.
    05-20-08 01:54 PM
    Dont think so. It looks like a ******** version of the iphone.
    you said it best. :-) if i wanted an iphone, i'd get an iphone! but, i'm a blackberry person. there's no reason to switch from my curve. it works just fine for me, and is nicer than 99 percent of phones on the market!
    05-20-08 02:33 PM
    Trying to wait it out to see what the touchscreen has to offer, but Im a nerd so Ill probably get the BOLD then return it if the keys are like the ones on the 8800.

Meanwhile, Im gonna unlock both my Curves for better resale value.
    05-20-08 02:37 PM
    I'm a BB newbie, but I've mastered this great piece of electronics in just under 2 weks. I've got no problems with my 8320, but you better believe I'm gonna switch! There is NO TOUCHSCREN BB out, nor is there any one in the making as of yet....
    05-20-08 02:59 PM
    I won't switch. I find the Bold looks kind of manly, the Curve is more feminine. Plus, I'm not really looking for a downgrade in size. (Although, I did recently switch from a Pearl to a Curve... size downgrade was totally worth the keyboard and screen upgrade!)
    05-20-08 03:10 PM
    Got my curve less than a month ago love it but the memory and 3G got me thinking about the Bold...Can't go wrong ether way.

05-20-08 03:10 PM
    Is bold coming to att first? I thought I read somewhere that it was coming to verizon - but maybe that was the touchscreen one, storm?

Either way, I will never, ever, ever leave verizon again. I learned my lesson the hard way by paying $175 to leave for the iphone, had haorrible problems with att all around, sold iphone for red curve, which was defective, traded in for titanium curve, then when vz released their curve I dropped att immediatly, paid another $175... But now just happy to be back home with vz - and finally able to make and receive calls without any problems!!! I aint leaving or switching for nothing!!!

05-20-08 05:00 PM
    Yes, I will be switching. Okay, not immediately. It may take six months or so, but I will be switching. Then I'll set my Curve aside as a backup for the day if/when something happens to the Bold. I have backup computers, I may as well have a backup BB. 8^D

Besides, I didn't pay that much for the Curve, so buying the Bold won't hurt so bad. Oh, and I intend to deduct it - or as much of it as the IRS will allow.
    05-20-08 05:16 PM
    No just got my first BB Curve, happy with that for now.
    05-20-08 05:19 PM
    I got my 8310 for my birthday from my GF about 12 days and 6 hours ago aproximatley, so I dont think she will be very happy if I ditch it less than two months into it.

I get my upgrade in like a year or maybe less, then I might think about it...

But who knows, I might break down and get the day it comes out.

05-20-08 06:05 PM
    Just got my Curve on...Will probably stay with it.

Will be looking out for the Thunder...
    05-20-08 06:37 PM
    Just say... NO!
    05-21-08 11:53 AM
    Probably NO. But if my wife still wants a crackberry, and I have to pay for it then we'll see
    05-21-08 12:04 PM
    I'd rather keep my 8330 and put the 4.6 OS on it.

05-21-08 12:52 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD