I have been using the ringtone gallery here at CB on my 8703 and getting the full length tone. Yesterday I upgraded to a 8330 and immediately started getting ringtones from CB again. Well when I was going through them this morning I have found that they are all truncated to a certain length and miss a lot of the file that plays on the computer.

1. Is this normal?
    2. Can this be changed?
    3. Is the curve way cooler than my 8703?

Okay, I can answer #3, YES!
    06-21-08 10:28 AM
    I would'y want a full lenght song for a ringtone. Takes up too much space.
    06-21-08 10:31 AM
    yeah a full length song might be a bad idea. i had a similar problem, might be the same one. when i was trying to set a 31 sec clip as a ringer in the profile setup, i hovered over it and it'd start playing but cut out at 15 seconds, but after i saved and called myself, it played until voicemail. seems as if previews are limited to 15sec.

if thats not your problems try getting audacity, Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder, and the lame dll Lame MP3 Encoder Binaries and others have posted on how to used them so search around if you need to, but you can use that to clip a mp3 to ~30sec which is a good length. just install audacity, open it, go to file > open, and choose your file, highlight what you dont want and delete it, you can also highlight the first and last second or so and go to effect > fade in/fade out, then go to file > export as mp3, it'll ask you where the lame dll is, find it and choose it (only has to be done the first time), and type in a file name and put it on your berry.
    06-21-08 12:11 PM
    Thanks guys,

About 30 seconds was what I was looking for, though 1 in particular I was hoping for 1 minute. I'll give my self a call and see what the deal is.
    06-21-08 12:55 PM
    so is there and easy way or even a possible way yo get a full length ringtone?
    01-15-09 04:56 PM
    Nope - universally, ringtones are limited to 15-30 seconds. Any longer and voicemail comes on anyway.

If you're getting much less than 30 seconds, kill the vibrate. It counts toward your 30 seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD