So I just got my curve last week and I am already having issues with the trackball. I searched and read through some threads and it sounds like it can be fixed with a battery pull or cleaning it, well I have done a battery pull and the trackball will still freeze up and stop responding. I figured that it doesnt need to be cleaned yet, since its less than a week old. I think I should just go into the store, should I do something else?
    11-30-08 12:14 PM
    So after a battry pull it will work again for awhile?
    11-30-08 12:16 PM
    Yea, for a while though, then it will freeze up again, and not for a couple seconds, I had it stuck for over a min last night.
    11-30-08 12:20 PM
    Sounds like you could have a memory issue. Go to options>status and how much free file memory do you have?
    11-30-08 12:22 PM
    Is the hour glass flashing on ur screen also? If so its not the trackball its the phone OS. But I've been through 2 curves. I actually broke the first trackball from overuse in 3 months, But roll it in all directions and feel it for the motion " resistance" u know the clicky feeling. If it doesn't have that then the " sensors" are gone and u might need a new phone! Sorry
    Last edited by Quiet_But_Rowdy; 11-30-08 at 12:54 PM.
    11-30-08 12:48 PM
    It's brand new, you shouldn't ge having these problems. Take it back to the store and exchange it before the 30 day warranty exchange period is over. After 30 days you'll have to exchange for a refurb by mail, so it is important to get it done now.

If you have a lot of stuff in your address book eta., use desktop manager to make a backup file before you take it in. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 12:58 PM
    Sounds like you could have a memory issue. Go to options>status and how much free file memory do you have?
    I cant look at the moment since I am at work, but I have only installed 2 apps and put 2 themes on there.

As for the hourglass thing, no, the trackball just freezes up. I think Ill run into the store on my way home from work and just get a replacement.
    11-30-08 01:18 PM
    Make sure the themes you got are compatible for your device. They can really mess you up if they aren't. But still, if it is your trackball, take it back.

11-30-08 01:42 PM
    Yeah the themes are compatible I got them in the 83xx theme section here also here's the available memory, 36497724 Bytes

11-30-08 03:04 PM
    UPDATE:
    I went to VZW and I got it replaced so Ill see how it goes.
    11-30-08 05:36 PM
    I had to clean my trackb today. I searched and found sites with instructions and video. There's also a site that sells new trackb for $8.

11-30-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD