Hey Everyone

I just got a new curve and noticed that the trackball is very click-y. My friends have the pearl and the 8800 and theirs is much smoother. Does this come with use or is the curve just different? Thanks
    01-17-08 02:19 PM
    Welcome to The Crack! What exactly do you mean by "clicky?" When you roll it, or when you press it? There is a setting that can turn off the click sound when rolling the trackball. The Curve's trackball press-to-click action gets mushy over time. Mine is nonexistent.
    01-17-08 02:25 PM
    thanks for your message
    it's when i roll it that it feels looser than theirs. i already turned off the clicking noise but i just loved how their trackball rolled steardier i guess
    01-17-08 02:37 PM
    when there is a problem with the trackball, can you buy a new one or pay a fee to get it fixed?

i bought mine off ebay so i assume that there isn't a warranty on mine..? even tho it was brand new
    01-17-08 03:04 PM
    asyou use it it will loosen up. also there is an option to change the sinative right below the click sound see what theres is and set yours to that

you can buy a new trackball 8320 - Apple, Nokia, Panasonic, BlackBerry, Acer, SonyEricsson, 3G, BenQ-Siemens, LG, M

and how to install it http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

ps frist time i made links let me know if they work for you
    Last edited by tomdick; 01-17-08 at 03:20 PM. Reason: my links didnt work :((
    01-17-08 03:17 PM
    supposedly its reinforced thats why it feels gritty. its a good thing. the pearl has alot of trackball probs. lets hope the curve gets through this
    01-17-08 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD