So I dropped my Curve in the toilet just a week or so after getting it, and was able to revive it using the bag of rice trick. Since then its worked basically flawlessly. I had an occasion where I dropped it and it went to the screen with the black and white battery with the red slash, but after cleaning the battery terminals and waiting a few minutes, it worked fine again. Now, a few months later, I went to plug it in to charge it and it went back to that battery screen. I looked on here, took it to AT&T to test a new battery, and that still didn't work. I would be under warranty, but they saw that it had water damage (god damn sticker!).

So my question is, now what? Anything else I can try? I reallly realllllllly don't want drop a few hundred plus dollars to get a new one, but this four year old LG that I'm using isn't quite cutting it. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance, I honestly feel like I lost a leg or something. I'm bumming.
    10-16-08 08:59 PM
    Hope you have insurance. This is not looking good. Sorry to hear this happened.
    10-16-08 09:02 PM
    how can you tell it has water damage. What stickers?

I am sorry you are missing your BB
    10-16-08 09:03 PM
    find one on ebay... ORRR do what my brother did and tell them you want to cancel and say that your going to another service to get a blackberry for cheaper and they will probalby offer you one. When i left verizon and came back they gave me 200$ credit or a new phone. i took the 200$ lol
    10-16-08 09:03 PM

red dot behind the battery
    10-16-08 09:04 PM
    Hope you have insurance. This is not looking good. Sorry to hear this happened.
    I do have insurance, but I was under the impression that the insurance didn't cover water damage. I could be mistaken though. Anyone know for sure? It's through AT&T.
    10-16-08 09:09 PM
    Sorry for your loss, good luck with that idea Sesso gave you, is worth a try...
    10-16-08 09:09 PM
    I do have insurance, but I was under the impression that the insurance didn't cover water damage. I could be mistaken though. Anyone know for sure? It's through AT&T.

Doesn't the insurance cover lost phone though?
    10-16-08 09:13 PM
    Call and say you lost it.
    10-16-08 09:19 PM
    Insurance mostly covers loss, theft and physical damage.
    10-16-08 09:27 PM
    Call and say you lost it.
    Well, I guess AT&T's insurance does cover water damage, but Ezprotect.com's, who they set me up with when I bought the phone, does not unless you pay an initial $1 extra per payment (which no one ever told me).

So...if my phone happens to be lost, where do we go from there?
    10-16-08 09:29 PM
    My friend had something similar happen. Since she had insurance, she told them it was stolen. She had to provide a police report before they would allow her to file a claim. She filed one on line, got a report # and confirmation and basically got another phone.
    I guess filing a false report didn't bother her. :-/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 09:29 PM
    Well I've read somewhere that you can actually use a qtip and bleach to turn the white dot back to white! Worth a shot. Also if the losing/stolen thing, if you says it's LOST they will not require a police report. Only if you say its stolen. downside to it being "lost/stolen" is that you have to pay a deducticble whereas if you bleach the dot, you can say you don't know what went wrong with the phone and not spend then $$$.
    10-16-08 09:36 PM

Theres a little white square sticker next to the left of the battery, right by where the SIM card goes (on my 8310) that's just for that purpose. It is white unless you've had water damage...will turn red if you have.
    10-16-08 09:38 PM
    If I say its lost are they gonna track it down using the GPS or anything like that? Haha, sorry if I'm being overly paranoid. Also, what happens to my SIM card at that point? Thats "lost" as well, right? Can I backup all that stuff to my computer?
    10-16-08 09:48 PM
    Just have to say I love all this dishonesty. All I can say is what comes around goes around. I think if an accident or not so accident happens, take resposiblilty for your actions.
    10-16-08 09:52 PM
    Just have to say I love all this dishonesty. All I can say is what comes around goes around. I think if an accident or not so accident happens, take resposiblilty for your actions.
    I'm blaming AT&T for not mentioning I can get water damage for an extra buck. I take no responsibility for my actions whatsoever.
    10-16-08 09:55 PM
    I'm blaming AT&T for not mentioning I can get water damage for an extra buck. I take no responsibility for my actions whatsoever.
    UVW, I get what you are saying and my post was not aimed at you. All the others that are giving you ideas to cheat the system. From a business stand point, they get their replacement. In the long run when the cost of insurance or service goes up, they all cry. This is the come around for them. unfortunaltly, all other carrier customers suffer as well.
    10-16-08 10:00 PM
    Aside from any sort of insurance claims or whatever, any suggestions on things I could try while sitting here? I'm trying to reload the operating system right now.
    10-16-08 10:55 PM
    Did you look in the classifieds here? Usually someone selling one.
    10-16-08 11:47 PM
    Amen! Lots of suggestions of insurance fraud here which I think is absolutely rediculous. OP, it was your responsibility to know what your insurance covered when you started paying for it. Take responsibility for your mistake and pay for a new one, get covered by insurance for the next time, chalk it up to a learning experience. Remember people, this is why insurance rates are outrageous.

10-17-08 12:40 AM
    Hey fella you paid for insurance, use it. Your phone has lots of lovely corrosion over the pcb so red dot or no they will see the evidence of water damage. Lose your phone, drive over it, whatever, pay the excess and enjoy your new one. Insurance fraud my rear.

10-17-08 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD